Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bloomingdales CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bloomingdales CC

This is very strange but is working in my favor. Can someone explain?

About 10 years ago, I was 18 and opened a Bloomingdales CC. I had a limit of $400. I charged $300 on it but NEVER paid them. I was young and stupid, didn't care about credit. I got bills from them for about 3-5 years but never paid them a dime. 2 years ago, I bought a house and see that my Bloomy card was on my credit report but is reported as having a zero balance and has been paid as agreed for the past serveral years.

I just pulled my credit and still see the Bloomy card on my report. Same thing- zero balance and it keeps on reporting since the beginning of time.

I am assuming this is working in my favor but how?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bloomingdales CC

They'll give up after a while and continue to post only good information. Leave it alone unless you want to pay it.

I had a CO for Zales around 12 years ago. I ignored it and eventually decided to pay it off. It is on my EX report today reporting favorably monthly with a $0 balance. It was on TU for a long time up to last yr. and did the same while reporting as an open account. I went back to them around 5 yrs ago asking if I could get and new card and they said I'd have to reapply.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.