Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Status vs Payment History

tag
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Payment Status vs Payment History

Hi All,

Help please. In credit reports does Payment Status, ie (?current pays as agreed, current was late 30 days, etc) weigh more than the 80 month history at the bottom? Do credit grantors consider both in decision making?

I ask because one of my accounts has a payment status of Current, was 30 (which is correct) but the payment history reflects all in time ( green) payments for the last 5 years. Curious minds want to know! LOL

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Payment Status vs Payment History

Tradeline data (aka a 30D late in the payment history record) is always counted by the algorithm.

Comments sometimes are or sometimes are not; Pizza1's recent datapoint suggests IIB comments for example absolutely are, but many are just human readable helpful things for UW as I understand it.

        
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

Comments sometimes are or sometimes are not; Pizza1's recent datapoint suggests IIB comments for example absolutely are, but many are just human readable helpful things for UW as I understand it.

Rev, I'm not familiar with Pizza1's datapoint that you referenced.  Can you explain what he saw?

Message 3 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Rev, I'm not familiar with Pizza1's datapoint that you referenced.  Can you explain what he saw?

Her Smiley Happy

But https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/25pt-increase-on-EXP-IIB-s-deleted-WHOOP/m-p/5455774#M149096

        
Message 4 of 7
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

@revelate

Thanks for clarifying. A few add on questions:
1. What is IIB?
2. So does that mean that payment status ( upper right of CR) is not included in the algorithm
3. Are the comments referenced the ones in the comments field such as ‘account in dispute?

Thanks

Message 5 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Aspireto850 wrote:
@Revelate

Thanks for clarifying. A few add on questions:
1. What is IIB?
2. So does that mean that payment status ( upper right of CR) is not included in the algorithm
3. Are the comments referenced the ones in the comments field such as ‘account in dispute?

Thanks

1) Included in Bankruptcy

2) Correct to my knowledge

3) Yup, though @pizza1 would have to state which one hers were in but I assume it's the same one that notates disputes.

        
Message 6 of 7
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Thanks @revelate!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.