cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed FICO NextGen Score

revjamesl
Valued Contributor

Penfed FICO NextGen Score

Not sure I'm familiar with the NextGen Score and I pay for MyFico. They give me a score of 806 with my negative factors being too many recent inquiries and too few retail accounts with recent payment history. Can anyone enlighten me on this score and its usefulness? Thanks.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Penfed FICO NextGen Score

@revjamesl wrote:

Not sure I'm familiar with the NextGen Score and I pay for MyFico. They give me a score of 806 with my negative factors being too many recent inquiries and too few retail accounts with recent payment history. Can anyone enlighten me on this score and its usefulness? Thanks.

It's a score from circa 2001/2003 depending on the version they use, and to my knowledge we haven't had reports of it's being used elsewhere.

It isn't really representative of anything other than your credit strength with Penfed as a result.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.