Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positive Balance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Positive Balance

OK bud.  When you wrote....

I'm just glad it will have no negative effects outside of a 0% uti showing.

I assumed you were saying...

I'm just glad it will have no negative effects outside of the negative effect of 0% uti showing.

I was letting you know that there is in fact no negative scoring effect connected with an individual card going to 0%.  Best of luck...

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

OK bud.  When you wrote....

I'm just glad it will have no negative effects outside of a 0% uti showing.

I assumed you were saying...

I'm just glad it will have no negative effects outside of the negative effect of 0% uti showing.

I was letting you know that there is in fact no negative scoring effect connected with an individual card going to 0%.  Best of luck...

No disagreement here, and you assumed correctly. I was encompassing what some would see as a negative after reading the discussion on having 0% uti could cause them to decrease your limits if you're not using the card. I felt that someone would say "well that 0% could be a negative also if..". Got ahead of myself..

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

While it probably goes without saying, it's worth noting that when saying you have a card at 0% [reported utilization] what really matters is that it's at $0.  While this may seem like the same thing (and it is) there is a ton of CMS software out there that will round small balances down and that has passed the misperception on to many that the FICO algorithm may therefore "round down" when considering a balance/percentage.  This of course isn't true and any non-zero reported balance constitutes 1% utilization.  I'm quite sure that everyone part of this discussion is aware of that, but others that may come across this thread in the near and distant future may not be.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.