Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public record

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Public record

In late 2005 I worked with a credit restoration company to have my CR cleaned up - 3 colletions & 1 judgement, my FICO scores were pretty low at this time (500's & low 600's). 6 mths into cleaning my CR my judgement was removed, I was very happy about this. While my credit was getting repaired, I was paying the bills as well and the judgement never appeared again the entire yr of 2006. In 1/07 I finished paying of my judgement and all the paperwork was filed in the courts in or around 2/07. I pulled my FICO score 3/15/07, the judgement never showed and my scores (TU-686, EQ-678 & EX-687)went up after I finished working with the credit restoration agency. Well, in 4/07 I applied for a cc and I was rejected because they stated I had a judgement against me. In 4/07 I pulled another copy of my report TU does not show a judgement & Ex does, have not received EQ yet. But, the info that was reported on my CR for the judgement is totally incorrect. The $ amt they reported was 678. when it was more like 2K, the date filed was 4/2004 my CR has 7/2006, also they report the dated the judgement was resolved as 8/2006 when it was 1/2007 & the company was citibank my CR has capital one. My questions are.. Is it worth fighting to make the correction or to see if it will get removed, will my CS drop because of this judgement, will I get a higher interest rate when I go purchase a house later this yr??

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Public record

If it is ianccurate you should dispute.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. If I dispute it and they put the correct info won't that hurt my score?
Message 3 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Generally I would recommend disputing as "inaccurate" and hope for the best.. I find it interesting that the company name is wrong as CAP1 and Citi have nothing to do with each other. Are you sure you don't have two judgements and one is just not reporting? If you are sure simply dispute this as not mine.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only had on judgement it was diffently citi.  My 3 collections were cap1.  I am go to take you advice and dispute as not mine
Thanks
Message 5 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

bigmomma wrote:
I only had on judgement it was diffently citi.  My 3 collections were cap1.  I am go to take you advice and dispute as not mine
Thanks

Good luck. Keep us updated.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, now I am totally confused.  I just received my  EQ CR and it does not list the judgement, so to sum it up TU & EQ does not show judgement & EX does why is that?  And the only way I really knew the judgement was on my CR was when I pulled a free CR from the EX site in April and at that time EX & EQ both listed the judgement.  Any answers....I am at a point in which I am just getting fustrated and ready to give up.. 
Message 7 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Don't get frustrated. The three CRAs have nothing to do which other. You have a unique file and score for each. A lender may or may not report to one or all.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just received my new CS and it was not bad.  TU 697 was 686 in March 07, EQ 680 was 680 in March & EX 681 was 687 in March.  But I am wondering why my score went down for EX.  All of the CR except TU have the judgement.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.