Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Simulator

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Question on Simulator

How relaible is simulator. It says I'll gain about 40-50 points if pay off all my outstanding 113K debt in 6 months. How realistic is it ? I am planning on making settlements and hopefully get COs/CAs out of my life. About 113K in CO and 22k in CAs. If I am able to do that how much score gain can I see. Right now I am mid 500s. Hoping to get into 600 club soon. It is realistic to reach that goal in 6 months ?

3 REPLIES 3
silver_idle
Established Contributor

Re: Question on Simulator

@Red1Blue wrote:

How relaible is simulator. It says I'll gain about 40-50 points if pay off all my outstanding 113K debt in 6 months. How realistic is it ? I am planning on making settlements and hopefully get COs/CAs out of my life. About 113K in CO and 22k in CAs. If I am able to do that how much score gain can I see. Right now I am mid 500s. Hoping to get into 600 club soon. It is realistic to reach that goal in 6 months ?

The simulator is just as it states in the name - a simulator. Its possible to gain that many points since the balance will be reported $0 and the utilization would be brought down, but its also hard to say since there could be other factors that come into play but as the paid CO/CA age, your score will approve and any existing positive payment history reporting will help as well. Removal of a CA or CO would also help your score. I would suggest worrying about everything paid or settled so they can be knocked out then once everything is taken care of, the rest will just be done in time.

Message 2 of 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I would take the simulator scores with a grain of salt. Obviously paying down debt would improve your score, but how much just depends on way too many factors that the simulator doesn't take into account (Utilization changes, AAoA changes, new accounts, derogs being updated to zero, payment history being added, etc).

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Simulators are not very reliable, but a CO maxes your util, so I would not doubt a significant increase. Removing the COs/CAs would give a real nice increase. Hopefully you have some PFDs going on.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.