Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question

tag
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Quick question

If you can get a charge off taken off your reports typically how many points can your score go up? I know its a case by case scenario but just an idea of how much. I have one that is not reporting correctly from1st premier its from 2010. Thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Quick question

@Booboo71 wrote:

If you can get a charge off taken off your reports typically how many points can your score go up? I know its a case by case scenario but just an idea of how much. I have one that is not reporting correctly from1st premier its from 2010. Thanks

Mine went down 8 points. (AAoA)

Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 14
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Hey Nixon! I appreciate your input on the site! So you actually lost points? Ugghh I hate explaining the 1st premier when I have applied for CC's. 

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Booboo71 wrote:

Hey Nixon! I appreciate your input on the site! So you actually lost points? Ugghh I hate explaining the 1st premier when I have applied for CC's. 

You betcha! I lost two of my oldest accounts on TU, and thus my AAoA went down accordingly, which despite being negatives, lowered my score. How's that for a kick in the face? Smiley Tongue

But now I don't have to explain those C/O's to Barclay's reconsideration people anymore!

Message 4 of 14
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Thanks for the input! And yes that account always comes up. I have them reporting different things on all 3 reports so Im thinking of faxing a letter to them since the dates are all over the place.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Booboo71 wrote:

Thanks for the input! And yes that account always comes up. I have them reporting different things on all 3 reports so Im thinking of faxing a letter to them since the dates are all over the place.

Dispute with supporting information would do you wonders.

Message 6 of 14
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Dispute with 1st premier or credit bureaus?

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Booboo71 wrote:

Dispute with 1st premier or credit bureaus?

CRA's

There should be a dropdown for incorrect dates/amts/etc.

Message 8 of 14
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Ok, but how do they know from one credit bureau to the other Transunion Vs Experiam and such. 

Message 9 of 14
Booboo71
Established Contributor

I can see it with my fico with all 3 bureaus side by side. But how does one know from the other?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.