Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raising the FICO Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Raising the FICO Score

In the last month, I have  paid off a credit card, deleted two duplicate collections off of my report and paid off collections.  The alert I received is for 3 points but I don't believe it was in relation to the above activity.  Is that normal?  I have spoken with the reps and they tell me I have to wait 30 days to see a change but we are goin on 30 Days.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Raising the FICO Score

Was this a scorewatch alert?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never received an alert to any of the corrections I mentioned.  When I received the increase of 3 points I called to verify if this was in relation to it and I was told no...But it has been almost 4 weeks now.  I assume this goes along with the issue of not receiving alerts. The problem that I have with this is I pulled a new credit report and the score did not change.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blessed1,

One thing I am learning about credit bureaus and just creditors and improvement to the FICO score is that it takes TIME. For us we have made the payments and now we want them to eagerly apply the information and communicate this to one another as soon as possible because it affects our FICO score. Unfortunately we're just another stack of paper on someone's desk. Until the creditor sends the information to the credit bureau and they update their recors unfortunately your score won't change until then. I think your score should have changed more than 3 pts. if they had.

As I look at my reports I notice some of my creditors have not reported tehir infor for April yet which in turn will impact my score some when they do, unfortunately I just have to wait until that info gets updated into the system.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm feeling your pain, I'm pretty much in same situation "Hurry up and Wait" got couple of deletions and a paid collection.  I was thinking I may be doing to much at one time for them to keep up. I have some disputes as well that are still not done it's been 24 days now so they have 1 more week. I'm really anxious to see some results from what i have done to repair my credit. For me all this waiting is like that line from the movie the jerk where one minute seemed like an hour and one hour seemed like 1 day and 1 day seemed like 6 days or something like thatSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel your pain.  I am trying to buy a house and I keep pushing it back waitng for the credit score to increase.  Question:  What procedure did you follow for your deletions?
Message 6 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I would wait 45 days just to be safe. And make sure your balances have truely updated before you compare your old scores.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called  dishnetwork about my account that was sent to collections and my dispute was shot down cause they said it was verified. I also called the CA and verified the account number and its the same one i have had for 8 years. Dishnetwork couldn't find any reason for it to be sent to collections other than it was someone else's account reported on mine. anyway they pulled account back from CA and CA took it off Credit Report. The other i dealt with a local CA and paid and he deleted. I wish all were this easy. I also am looking to buy a house and mortgage company wants all my bad stuff taken care of. if my disputes go in my favor i only have two more to take care of. Good Luck to you
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.