Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really upset with Transunion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really upset with Transunion

I have been working like crazy to clean up my credit and raise my scores. My efforts have worked for Experian and Equifax. I opened up a new credit card in August - granted it wasn't one of the best cards, but making my payments on time did raise both my Experian and my Equifax reports by almost 60 points so far.

On the other hand, my Transunion score has not budged - not one single point. Nothing on my report has changed, other than the reporting of my new card with on-time payments. I know this may sound paranoid, but I am seriously starting to wonder what is going on here. There are no late payments on anything, no new or increased balances, no new collections - nothing, everything is the same with the addition of this small balance card and on-time payments.

I cannot understand why my score has not gone up one single point. Not only that, but I disputed inaccurate late payments this fall. The late payments were deleted and, in fact, two of the accounts were moved from my negative items to my accounts in good standing and my score didn't go up ONE SINGLE POINT.

I want to know what is going on. My score with TU right now is 80 points lower than my other reports and I cannot seem to do anything to gain a point.

Am I the only one having this type of problem with TU?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Really upset with Transunion

mxnuy1 wrote:
I have been working like crazy to clean up my credit and raise my scores. My efforts have worked for Experian and Equifax. I opened up a new credit card in August - granted it wasn't one of the best cards, but making my payments on time did raise both my Experian and my Equifax reports by almost 60 points so far.

On the other hand, my Transunion score has not budged - not one single point. Nothing on my report has changed, other than the reporting of my new card with on-time payments. I know this may sound paranoid, but I am seriously starting to wonder what is going on here. There are no late payments on anything, no new or increased balances, no new collections - nothing, everything is the same with the addition of this small balance card and on-time payments.

I cannot understand why my score has not gone up one single point. Not only that, but I disputed inaccurate late payments this fall. The late payments were deleted and, in fact, two of the accounts were moved from my negative items to my accounts in good standing and my score didn't go up ONE SINGLE POINT.

I want to know what is going on. My score with TU right now is 80 points lower than my other reports and I cannot seem to do anything to gain a point.

Am I the only one having this type of problem with TU?

Where are you getting these scores?  Are they FICOs or FAKOs?

Message 2 of 7
cobra19
Valued Contributor

mx..........are you checking your scores through MYFICO? 
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are FICOs retrieved through this site. I have the exact same score that I had in September. Since then, I have been making on-time payments every month, have my utilization between 0-9%, have deleted incorrect late payments and had accounts moved to good standing. I cannot understand this at all. Something doesn't seem right here.

Message Edited by mxnuy1 on 01-04-2008 08:58 AM
Message 4 of 7
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Might want to call or fax TU - maybe you have a fractured file, or some other reason exists why they cannot update it.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got off the phone with them and there is nothing regarding my file that would have an impact on reporting or updating my score. I'm just at a loss here. I cannot do anything to gain a single point with TU.

When my new cards reached the 2 month point of on-time payments, both my Experian and Equifax jumped 25 and 26 points... NOTHING with TU. I've been making on-time payments since September and have received a zero increase.

I just don't know what to do - my TU report is killing my combined score.

Since last May, I've been working hard to fix things. My EQ and EX scores have gone up maybe 60-85 points. The same information has been reported or corrected on my TU reports. In fact, some information was corrected positively on TU that EQ and EX didn't change and still no increase. It's making it difficult for me to feel any motivation to work so hard at this when the one report isn't moving at all.

Message Edited by mxnuy1 on 01-04-2008 10:00 AM
Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

mxnuy, can you copy/ paste the comments on screen 2 of your TU report onto this thread? There are usually 3 or so negatives and 3 or so positives. Your util according to TU will probably display on one of these messages as well. And then look back at your September report (if you saved it) and see if anything is different.

Also, check on screen 5, where your accounts are listed. Are all the displayed balances the same amounts that you expected to show? --in other words, are the right balances being reported.

Failing anything showing up on these screens, all I can think of is that the TU formula is a bit older than the other two, and so maybe something is treated very differently by them.

TU really likes it when half or fewer of all your accounts, including loans and mortgage, report a balance. I recently lost 34 (!) points on TU simply by having one too many accounts reporting a balance, because they updated one of my accounts later than I expected. And that's with under 5% util. The other two scores didn't twitch. grrrr
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.