Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed as an authorized user

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removed as an authorized user

My ex removed me as an authorized user on two credit cards. The break up was amicable. I asked him up front if he was going to remove me and he said no. He still wanted to help me rebuild my credit. I didn't have access to the cards. So I was not using them. He had/has every right to remove me. I was just blind sided. I found out by going on Navy Federal. I actually got him an account via Navy Federal. My credit score is currently 660 trans union, 658 Experian, and 640 Equifax. The two cards were 8,000 total. I have my own cards. How far do you think my credit will drop? And what should I do from here to build? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Removed as an authorized user

It's for the best that your were removed as AU.

You didn't mention the actual cards you have. What are they?

Do you have any derogatory or delinquency that needs to be addressed?
Message 2 of 7
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

What effect it will have on your score will depend on 1) whether they were being discounted by the anti-abuse algo (on version 8 and newer) and 2) whether your profile is such that your utilization or account ages change significantly.  If it does produce a significant drop, the things you could do to try gain score are pretty much what anyone would do: see if there's anything you can do to address your derogs, address any significant util you're posting, check your negative reason codes for other potential troubleshooting areas, etc.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was an American Express and Capital one card. Those cards being removed would take me from a total credit limit of 12,600 to 4,600. I have low credit utilization on my own cards. I'm just worried Comenity will close my Alphaeon credit card which I was using next month to pay a portion for dental work. 

Message 4 of 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

As @Slabenstein  mentioned, if your utilization is all ready low, then you may not have to be worried with a score impact in that regard.

I can't say what Comenity will do but perhaps there computer is able to determine that those were AU cards that were removed.

If you are a member of Navy, have you considered obtaining your own cards from them?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the great advise! I am going to apply for a credit card through Navy Federal after I have my dental procedure. 

Message 6 of 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you all for the great advise! I am going to apply for a credit card through Navy Federal after I have my dental procedure. 

Good luck. Not knowing your exact credit profile, for your reading pleasure. Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.