Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RentTrack / CreditPop

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

RentTrack / CreditPop

CreditPop is owned by RentTrack...so, it's really the same company.  It seems that unlike most of the services doing this, they report to all three burueas, which is a big plus.  But, they don't report past payments.  So, I think that means when you start an account with them, it will be a brand new tradeline that will bring down your average age.  For someone like me who has two new accounts this year, and my average age is already going to decrease when some accounts fall off later this year, I am not sure if it's a good idea....even beside the $120/year it will cost.  It might be a little better than a credit card, though...since it wouldn't be the same type of credit, but not sure it would be better than Self-Lender, which I can get a new one of that when it expires (for a different type of account).  Probably a long shot, but is anyone out there using a service like this?  I do see claims of credit score increases usually occurring (but what are they going to say?  Smiley Very Happy  Plus, it could be from other stuff a person is doing since someone using a service like that is obviously trying to increase score).  

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: RentTrack / CreditPop

Do you have any lates already on your credit file?
Does your landlord pay the $120 or do you? Is that the only fee you pay? I presume you pay RentTrack with a check, not a CC?
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I do have lates from previous years.  

Landlord does not pay for the service.  You can pay with a credit or debit card, I believe.  That is the only fee.

Message 3 of 7
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

CreditPop is owned by RentTrack...so, it's really the same company.  It seems that unlike most of the services doing this, they report to all three burueas, which is a big plus.

Can your point me to where they say that? All I could find was the mention of two CRA's. I never use lenders/services that don't report to all three CRA's. 

creditpop.jpg

@Anonymous wrote:

But, they don't report past payments.  So, I think that means when you start an account with them, it will be a brand new tradeline that will bring down your average age.  

Even if I was considering this type of service, the fact that they don't back date is a no go for me. 

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought I saw it somewhere in a chart, but I don't see it right off now.  Anyway, I do see that Pay Your Rent and eRentPayment report to all three.  There's another one too, but eRentPayment and that other one seem to be geared more toward the Owner/Landlords.  I think https://www.payyourrent.com might be an option, but I don't think they back report either.

Message 5 of 7
NRB525
Super Contributor

How would the rent payment service that you just started paying rent through, have any basis to show prior rent payment transactions to a credit bureau?  

This is is not a factor to prevent someone from starting using the service. There are other reasons not to use this service but lack of “backdating” is not one of them.  

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some of the services use a third party system that scans your account (not to monitor your payments...it looks only for your rent amount), and can find it for the past, which is great...except that one has other down sides.  

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.