cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revolving Account Anniversary - Boost in Score?

tag
hawkeye33
Regular Contributor

Revolving Account Anniversary - Boost in Score?

I've read a few posts indicating that one might expect a score boost when a new revolving account hits the one-year anniversary. My scores were in the mid- to upper-500s in May 2008 when I got a Credit One Visa ($300 CL) and Orchard MC ($300 CL). CLs are up to $400 and $420 respectively.

I'm wondering what kind of increase, if any, I might expect when those two cards hit their 1-year anniversary date in May. Does anyone have experiences to share?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Revolving Account Anniversary - Boost in Score?

I started in August of '07 w/ 0 CCs. I appd for and received about 4-5 CCs in a two month span. When the one year anniversary date hit, I saw unexplained increases of 20-30 points this past August/September. Figured that maybe it was due to the new credit wearing off. The flag for new accts opened w/in past year also went away.
Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Revolving Account Anniversary - Boost in Score?

I started in August of '07 w/ 0 CCs. I appd for and received about 4-5 CCs in a two month span. When the one year anniversary date hit, I saw unexplained increases of 20-30 points this past August/September. Figured that maybe it was due to the new credit wearing off. The flag for new accts opened w/in past year also went away.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.