Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae Reporting Issue

tag
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Sallie Mae Reporting Issue

Everyone --

Sallie Mae is aware of the recent reporting problem and is submitting corrections to Equifax this week.  Once these corrections are made the FICO scores should go back to where they were, depending of course on any changes to other accounts in the meantime.

I will provide updates on this situation as I receive them.

Hang in there.  Help is on the way!

Barry
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sallie Mae Reporting Issue

Thank you. I do hope this is the case, but it is reassuring to hear it from you. Until we see the scores actually change, I guess few of us will rest easy.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seeing posts about the correction already in place-
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem has been fixed.  Sallie Mae just called me and assured me this will not happen again.
Message 4 of 8
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

It's been confirmed that the Sallie Mae data corrections have been made at Equifax and that the reports and scores should now be back to normal.  This incorrect data was only posted at Equifax, so there's no need to be concerned about any such impact to reports and scores at TransUnion and Experian.

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback here on this situation!

Barry

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a reason this isn't pinned anymore?
Message 6 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Is there a reason this isn't pinned anymore?

Do you mean stickied? But it is...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It wasn't when I posted Smiley Surprised
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.