Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same-as-cash Financing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Same-as-cash Financing

When I made the no-interest-for-3-years purchase, they told me I would also get a credit card in the mail. I did not want a CC, and I never activated it.

My credit report only shows one revolving line of credit provided by GEMB. The CC is branded Tweeter (Tweeter is an electronics store just like Best Buy), and is underwritten by GEMB.

I believe the same thing happens when you finance something at Best Buy: they give you a credit card, even if you don't plan on using it. I am not sure if the CC terms are different than the original purchase.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

amnesian1 wrote:

When I made the no-interest-for-3-years purchase, they told me I would also get a credit card in the mail. I did not want a CC, and I never activated it.

My credit report only shows one revolving line of credit provided by GEMB. The CC is branded Tweeter (Tweeter is an electronics store just like Best Buy), and is underwritten by GEMB.

I believe the same thing happens when you finance something at Best Buy: they give you a credit card, even if you don't plan on using it. I am not sure if the CC terms are different than the original purchase.

My Best Buy purchase is 6 mos sames as cash but that transaction was posted against my Best Buy credit card.  I applied for the card at the time of purchase in effect activating the card with the purchase.  I think you may have two different products there as it reports as a revolving line of credit but I'm not sure how that store's charge card system works.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

How is your Best Buy same-as-cash purchase and your credit card reflected on your credit report? Are they two separate lines? Are they revolving? 
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.