Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Cards

tag
tayloreat713
New Contributor

Score Cards

Does anyone know about the score cards that help determine your credit score? I was told the longer you have a delinquency on your report, your score card will change and prevents you from gaining max points for other actions such as in time payments and low UTI. Is this true?

Anyone?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Score Cards

@tayloreat713 wrote:

Does anyone know about the score cards that help determine your credit score? I was told the longer you have a delinquency on your report, your score card will change and prevents you from gaining max points for other actions such as in time payments and low UTI. Is this true?

Anyone?

I am not aware of an aging deliquency being a score card factor or even a theorized factor. The presence of a deliquency is. The type of deliquency is believed to be. But not the age of the deliquency. 

A reasonable explanation for the average person can be found here: https://creditmashup.com/fico-scorecard-buckets/

Message 2 of 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Score Cards

It basically comes down to clean vs dirty. Once you leave dirty and go clean. Then your rebucketed at the bottom of the bucket. Some get a small score bump. Some I believe on here lost a few points. Your like a air bubble in a bucket of water, start at the bottom, and move to the top of the bucket slowly with the gang you were placed with. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.