Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch

tag
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Score Watch

My apologies in advance if this thread is in the wrong area.

Does the ScoreWatch service from this site include score updates? I'm a new subscriber and noticed the link under score for 1 free score update. If it autoupdates with the service there would be no need for a manual update. But at the same time, if it didn't autoupdate then what would be the point in paying for the service?

I've set the notifications when score raises so I'm assuming it updates in some way.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Score Watch

@Crossdivided wrote:

Does the ScoreWatch service from this site include score updates? I'm a new subscriber and noticed the link under score for 1 free score update. If it autoupdates with the service there would be no need for a manual update. But at the same time, if it didn't autoupdate then what would be the point in paying for the service?

I've set the notifications when score raises so I'm assuming it updates in some way.

Thanks!

In your settings, you have to set the score to what your score is presently.

If your score goes higher you will be alerted.

If your score goes lower you will be alerted.

Any time your score changes lower or higher you have to change your settings to match the present score. If you do not match your settings, you may never know when your scores change.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 3
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

Re: Score Watch

@Crossdivided wrote:

Thanks!

The SW service will update you with your new score whenever it changes (if your settings are correct as JM-AM said).

But that is only giving you only the new score and possibly a reason why it changed.

The "Score Power Report's" remaining you see on the bottom right corner when you are viewing SW are detailed reports.  You see your actual utility, balances reported, all your tradeline info incluiding baddies. There is a great deal of information in one of those reports compared to just a score.

While the basic 3 digit score is useful to monitor over time for likely identity theft and know you'll be approved for a low interest loan, you should look through the detailed file every once in a while to check for fraudulent accounts and other inaccuracies.

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.