Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Went Down

tag
Hinds1234
Valued Member

Score Went Down

I paid off two items in collections last month & for some reason my score went down. I brought down my utilization all the way to 21%. And one of my score went down 19 points to a 639. My other score went down 2 points to a 634. Does anyone know what it might've been to cause these changes. Or should I have just left them on there ? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score Went Down

I know from experience that you won't see a score jump until the paid collections are deleted.  

Credit Karma is free and a good tool to see what has changed on your credit report. The scores ain't worth the paper it's printed on. I would suggest signing up for CK for that purpose only. I use it to see what's changed on my report. 

Message 2 of 5
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

How old were the collections? You may have restarted your clock.  Always best to pay for delete or just let it age off if they won't accept it.

Message 3 of 5
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

They have to be updated to $0 which means you get at least one more reporting of the derogatory. If you settled, you would get two. First one would be to show the payment credited, second would be when it updates to 0. At that point, they will no longer update and age off.

Message 4 of 5
Hinds1234
Valued Member

Well they were both PFD. 1 one of them are off all 3 agencies. And the other one is off 2 of the agencies. So maybe I'll just wait until next month & see if it has any changes or my score rises back up. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.