Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score bump installment loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score bump installment loans

Is there a score bump when paying down an installment loan below a certain percentage?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score bump installment loans

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there a score bump when paying down an installment loan below a certain percentage?

I believe you might get a score bump if you pay it down to under 8.9%. I could be wrong but thats my understanding.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Per 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/General-Scoring-Primer-and-Version-8-Mas...

Yes - < 9%....

There is some speculation that you will get small score bumps at other % - but the "loan balances too high" adverse code you get with your score drops off at 8.9%.

Message 3 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It goes by aggregate installment utilization, the aggregate numbers for all of your open installment loans.

If you have only one open loan then your aggregate is the same as your individual loan.

Once your aggregate installment utilization gets down to 9% or less, you can get a big score bump in some of the scoring models, most notably FICO 8 and FICO 9 groups of scores. Sometimes it is accompanied by a smaller score bump in one or two of the older scoring models, such as the mortgage scores.

If your aggregate gets down to zero -- i.e. 100% paid off -- then your scores may take a hit.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.