Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score decline

tag
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Score decline

I just got an alert that my score went down 43 points. Nothing changed except. My oldest card turns 3 years this month and I recently closed a card that should not have effected my utilization. Does it hitting 3 years change things or did I shoot myself in the foot by closing a $200 secured card?

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Score decline

@newfossil wrote:

I just got an alert that my score went down 43 points. Nothing changed except. My oldest card turns 3 years this month and I recently closed a card that should not have effected my utilization. Does it hitting 3 years change things or did I shoot myself in the foot by closing a $200 secured card?

Yes, segmentation factor at 3 years AoOA.

See message one and four of primer.

From Birdman7
General Scoring Primer and Version 8 Master Thread, pub.5.17.20

Message 2 of 4
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Thank you

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 3 of 4
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@newfossil wrote:

This happened to back in September.

My oldest account turned 3yrs and I also added an auto loan and CC, I got absolutely destroyed. I lost 80 points on TU and 70 I believe on EQ. EX was lower than those 2.

Other members have had posts about this happening to them as well.

@AllZero  gave you an excellent link to research this.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.