cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score dropped 15 points - no changes on report..??

tag
violetsmom
Regular Contributor

Score dropped 15 points - no changes on report..??

Hi there Smiley Happy  My husband and I are in the process of having a home built, so needless to say I have been watching our FICO scores like a hawk and have subscribed to ScoreWatch for both of us.

Our LO had us pay down some credit cards to give him some points to balance out a late payment on his report.  In late Dec he was at a 709 (which is the score he was approved with), but then as a few other cards posted he went up to a 726 a few weeks ago.  We had sent a few GW letters to his student loan company hoping to get the lates removed but we were told no.  ScoreWatch alerted me 2 weeks ago that the student loan company had added a "consumer disputes after resolution", even though we never ever said anything about disputing the late payment.  I have been in contact with the student loan company and was told on Friday that the comments will be removed by the end of this month.

So yesterday I get a new alert that something had changed.  I logged in and see that his score dropped to 711, but no explanation as to why.  I compared the 2 reports and the balance amounts on the cards are the same, if not a little lower in the report I pulled today.  No other new info reported.  What could have caused his score to drop 15 points??

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Score dropped 15 points - no changes on report..??

The dispute if was removed could be why scores dropped.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 6
violetsmom
Regular Contributor

The dispute comment is still there though

ETA: and when the dispute comment was added the score did not change.  So confusing.  If it was like 5 points I wouldnt be so concerned, but that is a rather large drop!

Message 3 of 6
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

What type of loan program are you and your husband doing for home purchase (FHA, USDA, VA, Conventional, ARM, as examples)?

Good Luck
Message 4 of 6
violetsmom
Regular Contributor

Conventional

Message 5 of 6
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

On a Conventional loan score does matter for rates.

Lower score, higher rates.

Still very approvable, hopefully they wont do a rate change because of the drop in score. If it didnt impact his midscore then wont change anything at all.

Good Luck
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.