cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score not capped at 790 with lates...

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Score not capped at 790 with lates...

True. Not a solid data point from original poster. It was only a quick search.
Message 21 of 32
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

Sharing Impact of 120 Day Late After 7 Years

That's a good reference from EW800.  It's worth noting that his profile was 100% optimized to nab that 784, with stats such as 30+ years AoOA, 14+ years AAoA, aggregate installment loan utilization under 8.9%, etc.

Message 23 of 32
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

Sharing Impact of 120 Day Late After 7 Years

That's a good reference from EW800.  It's worth noting that his profile was 100% optimized to nab that 784, with stats such as 30+ years AoOA, 14+ years AAoA, aggregate installment loan utilization under 8.9%, etc.

I couldn't find the exact post Revelate mentioned so I found something similiar with EW800's post. Agreed, EW800 had a fully optimized credit report.

Thomas_Thumb mentioned, "Fico looks at recency, frequency and severity of lates in scoring. The 30 day lates could impact score 30 points and the 60 day late could impact score 40 points. However, impact is not addative and the greatest severity late sets the tone - for the most part."

For Cloudburst2000, with a clean score card, crossing 800 would not be a problem. The exact number we'll soon find out.

Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I talked to Experian people on Tuesday but the phone kept cutting out.  Didn't get a chance to talk to them again until today.  They said the late will actually fall off on Sept 28.  They said since account is still open they remove three months from date the late was reported to them.  I guess it was reported to them on December 28, 2012.  Ehh, whatever.  I'll check my score with Experian then and see how much two 60 day lates being removed affect my score and I will then post that information here.

I haven't called TU yet about early exclusion for these two lates.  That is up next.

Message 25 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, I definitely think the new cards helped my score.  I saw a nice score bump when each started reporting.  I got mucho advice on this forum to have three open cards.

Message 26 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

The guy I talked to from Transunion said they don't do EE?  I was told they do EE at about 6 months.  I have read where people said TU was super easy to work with for EE.  These derogs will fall off in December anyway so not super worried about it as I don't need any credit before then.  I don't have any large purchases planned.  Did I just get a CSR who does not know what they are talking about or have they changed their policy?  Or does the fact that the two accounts are still open affect EE?

Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The guy I talked to from Transunion said they don't do EE?  I was told they do EE at about 6 months.  I have read where people said TU was super easy to work with for EE.  These derogs will fall off in December anyway so not super worried about it as I don't need any credit before then.  I don't have any large purchases planned.  Did I just get a CSR who does not know what they are talking about or have they changed their policy?  Or does the fact that the two accounts are still open affect EE?

I was told to ask to speak with a supervisor next time as the regular CSR often don't know about the EE rules.  I'll call next week.

Message 28 of 32
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Some csr are more experienced than others. Best to speak to supervisor. If you don't get transferred, HUCA Hang Up Call Again technique.
Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian still didn't remove the 60 day lates, but my scores improved to 798 even with two 60 day lates on file.  At this point, I am just curious to see if I can break 800 with two 60 day lates.  They will fall off in December anyway and I am not planning any purchases that will require credit scores being pulled so I'll just wait it out Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.