Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score not changing

tag
orl2185
Established Contributor

Score not changing

My score has remained the same for nearly a month now. My score has changed every other week before, but now no recent change has occured. seen changes from other CRAs but not from Equifax. Anyone can give me feedback as to why no recent changes to score?

Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need more info.  The other bureaus use a different scorin...

Need more info.  The other bureaus use a different scoring method than FICO.  The vantage score for example usually takes into consideration history of the past two years.  It depends on why you're seeing the changes.  Has you utilization decreased significantly?  Have you received substantial credit limit increases?  It depends on when your creditors report to each of the bureaus.

I have an issue with the FICO system as I was told that a credit limit increase when paired with a balance decrease will offset each other in the scoring model causing no increase in score.  Makes no sense to me but that they way it was explained.  I had a 800.00 balance on a 1000.00 limit card.  Paid that balance down to 400.00 while at the same time the CC company increased the limit to 2500.00.  Great for utilization went from 40 to about 22% across the board, but not one peep from the Equifax score.  Was still getting the balances too high messages as well.  Looks like I'm probably in for the same thing this month as I paid off a card before I realized this card also increased the CL by more than 50%, so we'll see how she floats by EOM.
Message 2 of 10
orl2185
Established Contributor

My CL went up from 1,000 to 2,000 on 1 account. Have this...

My CL went up from 1,000 to 2,000 on 1 account. Have this account for 2 yrs now in current status. Just added new CL with 8,000.  My CC usage has decreased recently. However Equifax is not reflecting any change on my score. Been at my recent score for little less than 4 weeks now. Score b4 had constant change. My vantage score has changed significantly on both other CRA's. Kinda baffled with fico score though. This month all my accounts have been reported to bureaus, have 4 cards and personal loan all in great standing. TY for your reply.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CLI I posted about earlier happened three months ago a...

The CLI I posted about earlier happened three months ago and I know that it was reporting at the time because I pulled a new score.  Just got an alert about a score increase of 13 points that sited a CLI, the newest one hasn't reported yet.  Maybe its a matter of maintaining a certain percentage for a certain number of months.  Too bad it didn't seem to work that way over Christmas. As soon as they higher balances hit there was a score decrease right along with the balance percentage increase I noticed it didn't work the other way around though. Bumped my utilization up to 41% but the CLI or subsequently paying those cards off the following reporting period didn't allow my score to completely recover.  I now stand at about 8 points above where I was just before Christmas.

Let me know if you get that long awaited alert, I post when I know my card has reported whether or not I get any recognition from the fico scoring model over at Equifax.  I pull daily on a three in one but I like to keep tabs on my FICO from EQ as well.  Its the only real fico out there it seems

Message Edited by Brammy on 03-10-2007 11:08 PM
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

score not changing...

HI,
 The only thing to change your score, depending on usage may be time.. If you are not carrying too heavy of a balance you may not see significant changes every month... The only way to truly see it grow is length of open accounts, maintaining low balances, and of course  NEVER pay late...these three things will drastically help your score...Time is huge...be patient..
Message 5 of 10
antredd67
Contributor

Credit Alerts/Balance Increases/Decreases/CLI on same day

I received a score watch alert when I had a balance increase on one credit card decreasing my UTI, a balance decrease on another card increasing my UTI, and a Credit line increase I'm assuming happening on the same day, and my score remained the same.  I am in agreement with Newworld in that we tend to be dinged heavily for applying for either new credit, increasing our credit card balances abovet 30% UTI, and of course being late.  IF you have a collection account added to your report, you might as well forget it. The phone collection that keeps getting updated, I am noticing that it's not affecting my score at all.  The last time PacBell updated the collection account with Assest Co., it didn't hurt my score at all that month.

With that in mind, what ever credit you do have, just stay well below the 30% UTI, don't apply for any new credit (no matter how tempting it is to get a new rate on a BT), DON'T BE LATE, and don't close any old accounts.
Message 6 of 10
orl2185
Established Contributor

score not changing

Thank you for the respond folks. My UTI is at 10% on all my CC accounts and loan combined. Haven't been late on all my accounts as well. Recently went 4 points up on EQ Fico score. I see other members get higher points on their scores even though my UTI is far lower.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only a portion

orl2185 wrote:
Thank you for the respond folks. My UTI is at 10% on all my CC accounts and loan combined. Haven't been late on all my accounts as well. Recently went 4 points up on EQ Fico score. I see other members get higher points on their scores even though my UTI is far lower.

Utilization on revolving accounts is only one factor considered by the score.  Mix of credit, length of credit history both factor into scoring. Length of history carrying the most weight. If your utilization is 10% or lower you probably won't see any score increase by decreasing it more.

You may just need time for your reports to age.  you never mentioned installments or derog info on your file.

Message 8 of 10
orl2185
Established Contributor

score not changing

Got an installment loan in great standing as I mentioned in prior reply. No delinquency on my report whatsoever. Had accounts set up since 1989, and CC from 1990. Always pay all my accounts on a timely matter. Have personal loan of 28,000 since 1997, have been paying with no bad  payment history. Current balance is 1750.56. Will have it paid off by end of October. Also got new CC opened last month with mere 8,000 CL from WAMU. My Scores range from TU 768, EX 792, EQ 785. May need to start using my CCs a bit more though...
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Huh??

Smiley Tongue

orl2185 wrote:
Got an installment loan in great standing as I mentioned in prior reply. No delinquency on my report whatsoever. Had accounts set up since 1989, and CC from 1990. Always pay all my accounts on a timely matter. Have personal loan of 28,000 since 1997, have been paying with no bad  payment history. Current balance is 1750.56. Will have it paid off by end of October. Also got new CC opened last month with mere 8,000 CL from WAMU. My Scores range from TU 768, EX 792, EQ 785. May need to start using my CCs a bit more though...

I thought your had scoring PROBLEMS.  With scores like that why are you worried?  850 id a myth in most cases.  Got  an active mortgage?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.