Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorecard be what I am missing???

tag
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

Scorecard be what I am missing???

For years I have felt like I have an artificial weight, so to speak, attached to my FICO scores. I cam upon something called a Scorecard, but I am sleep deprived and reading what I found on it didn't fully make sense to me, but it sounded like it could be the reason behind my so called ball and chain. I have always wondered why my score seemed a little lower than expected. I have never had a bankruptcy, foreclosure or anything like that, but years ago had many late payments and collections that I paid off. In the past 10 years I have only had a couple of 30 day late payments and the most recent was in 2017. I do have high CC utilization, but have paid everything down to a aggregate utilization of 30% and my individuals are all under 68% and next week will all be under 30%. I am wanting to get my score up in the high 700s, but it looks like being having the wrong scorecard could make that very difficult. Could someone please simply explain if scorecards are something that changes with utilization or how you go about changing your scorecard? I know people keep saying FICO has no memory of previous behavior, but my impression was that your scorecard was based on previous behavior.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AllZero
Mega Contributor
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scorecard be what I am missing???

Yep the scoring primer will explain it to you under scorecard basics in post one
Message 3 of 5
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

Thank you!

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 4 of 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

You are welcome. Good luck on your credit journey.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.