Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores not moving

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scores not moving

I been doing very low UTI currently at 2% last 2 months. I have 3 cc and 2 report 0 and one reports about $25 every month. I only have 1 negative account which is a aid in full charge off. Am I doing something wrong?
EX 634
TU 630
EQ 621
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Scores not moving

What's your AAoA? And what percentage of the limit for that card is $25? Other than that it looks like you might just need to let the accounts age some
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Buy power card limit $500 balance $25 6 months
Cap1 unsecured $500 balance $0 - 3 months
Discover secured balance $0- 3 months
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover limit is $200
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's possible to have too low UTL. I've been trying to keep mine around 7-9% on each card. I let my Cap1 report at less than 1% last month, then back up at 8.5% this month. It might be circumstantial, but right after Cap1 just reported the higher UTL, I got a 12 point bump on EX and 20 points on EQ with alerts on the increased UTL. From what I can tell, TU looks at the total UTL of all your cards combined each time one reports. I'm sure others with more experience can weigh in. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only card I ever had report a balance is buy power card and never more than 4%
Message 6 of 18
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

If my figures are right your AAoA is about 2 maybe 3 months. All you can do now is basically wait. You'll get a bit of a boost each month as the cards age and better ones at 6 months, 1 year, etc. This is the part that's hard for people with little or no patience. Have you tried for a CLI from Cap1 yet? I'm assuming the card is in credit steps?
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, AFTERLIFE, mad props to your rebuilding efforts! I just read through your post history and, man, I respect what you've accomplished! Best of luck in the future! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 18
CreditScoreChallenged
New Contributor

I think time is going to be your best friend. You may need to add a loan for a better mix of credit. Also have you tried to gw that charge off?

Capital One Platinum $3500 || Quicksilver One $2500 || GM Buypower $500 || PayPal Extra MC $300 || Walmart
$850|| Victoria Secret $3150 || Gettington
$4500|| Kohl's
$700|| Fullbeauty $650
EQ 631 TU 666 EX 671 Goal: 700 across the board
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I have not tried to gw cause it's Bank of America and they really hard.
As to the credit limit on cap1 it should be getting an auto cli on that.
I got a really good pattern going on these 3 cards as I rotate the cards. I charge a card that is farthest from the cut off date on my rotation as to give me the most time to pay it off in full before statement.
Guess I just need more time to age but so far I think I've done everything I have learned from these forums.
On a good note myfico9 scores are damm near 700 but of course it's not really in use 😔
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.