cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorewatch Score vs. Score Alert

tag
anabelle

Scorewatch Score vs. Score Alert

Ok so I read the FAQ and then searched for this topic. It has to have been asked before but I can't find it. My scorewatch alerts have been reporting that my score has been regularly increasing. Today I received an alert that my score had increased 7 pts to 769. I then pulled my remaining free Score Power report and it told me that my FICO was 755. If my Score Watch alerts are reporting my true FICO score and my Score Power report is also reporting my true FICO score, then how could they be different? I must be misunderstanding and assuming that one of these scores is a real FICO while it really isn't. Thanks for any explanations.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scorewatch Score vs. Score Alert

The Email alerts come in a bit late and don't update hourly. Score Power is that moment you buy it. So your score might have changed. It depends on what triggers the alert. No trigger no score change reported. I don't wait for the email alerts, instead I log in to MyFICO and look for alerts there.

If the date on the alert from the "MyFICO web site" is the same date as your "Score Power report" and scores don't match that is unusual.

If the date on the "Email alert" and "Score Power report" is the same date and scores don't match that is very possible since the Email alert could come on the same day except the Email today could have been from the day or so before.

Let me ask this. When you log in to MyFICO and look at the date of the Alert from the web site, does the web site Alert date match the Score Power report? Also did the email come to you the same day as the Alert date shown on the web site?

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 10-13-2007 06:24 AM
Message 2 of 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I log in here first as well. The emails are a bit behind but not too bad. I think Pizza's response is the only one that makes any sense.
Message 3 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

smallfry wrote: I think Pizza's response is the only one that makes any sense.
How scary is THAT? Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

LOL.
Message 5 of 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Could someone please tell me where the smileys are? I use Firefox.
Message 6 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

You can't find them on Firefox. I stumbled across a couple (gotta spell them out): colon close-parenthesis Smiley Happy, colon P Smiley Tongue, colon D Smiley Very Happy, semi-colon close-parenthesis Smiley Wink.

If you're desperate, you can find one already used, reply to that message, and copy paste the HTML version on to your own post.

I have GOT to get my life back!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Thank you. Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 9
anabelle

Thanks for the explanation. I got an alert today that a new account was opened and that is what caused my score to go down. The alert was just lagging behind the change in my score. It makes sense now Smiley Happy It sucks though, my score went down 14 points just because I opened one new card. Oh well.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.