Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should all 3 match?

tag
07sky04
Established Member

Should all 3 match?

I just pulled all 3 reports and scores.  Equifax is so far fetched from the other 2.  I've done a complete analysis of the entire report and there's a lot of discrepancies in all 3.

For Instance - TU and EX are reporting accounts as closed, while EQ is still reporting them as Open. 

Also, I have 5 medical collections.  All 5 are being reported to EX (3 being reported as paid), 3 to EQ (1 is reported as paid) and 1 to TU (1 is reported as paid).  Would it be wise to send them GW letters to get them to remove?  The 3 that are paid are from 2005 and the 2 unpaid are recent (late 2006, which I intend on paying with a PFD because I never got statements).  I just don't want to open another can of worms and get them extended.

Should I try and contact the bureaus to get all 3 reports to be as similar as possible?  I'm really trying to get it to match my TU report as that's the best score...albeit still low, but higher than the other 2.  Or am I doing more harm than good that way because my TU could now report those other accounts and cause it to go down? 

What do you guys recommend? 
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should all 3 match?

Nope.. the three CRAs have nothing to do with one another.

You need to correct inaccuracies with each.
Message 2 of 7
07sky04
Established Member

Tuscani - That's kind of what I meant... I need to fix the inaccuracies with each... but in the end, they should be close to matching (if all of the inaccuracies are fixed)  Right?
Message 3 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

That ain't necessarily so.  Some CLs will report to one and not another, so there can be differences.

For example, my oldest (of very few) CLs does not report to EX, so EX hates me

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

You will drive yourself mad trying to make all three the same. Don't bother. Just make sure you dispute any inaccuracies and PIF any credit cards that don't report the CL.
Message 5 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

For example, all 3 CRAs show me with different numbers of closed and open accounts  Smiley Happy

And hence different total accounts
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even with my CRs that show all the same accounts. Some have more data. So they don't match. At least my accounts show up in all 3. If they don't after they are closed I request that they are submitted if lets say it was an installment. I try to make them match unless there is something bad.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.