cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should utilization matter more than debt?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should utilization matter more than debt?

It really is fun to try to beat them at their own game...isn't it. Truth is I'm glad its not a perfect system, after all who would ever lend any of us money. We certainly don't represent a profitable customer. You take away their risk and we loose our power. If it wasn't for the good people like those of you who have carried on discussions such as this...perhaps I would be one of the profitable customers.
Message 41 of 43
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Open G, your last comment hit the nail on the head.  MOST of the time.  Hell, that most amounts to triliions of dollars.  I guess that's what calculated risk is all about. 

Message 42 of 43
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It really is fun to try to beat them at their own game...isn't it. Truth is I'm glad its not a perfect system, after all who would ever lend any of us money. We certainly don't represent a profitable customer. You take away their risk and we loose our power. If it wasn't for the good people like those of you who have carried on discussions such as this...perhaps I would be one of the profitable customers.

Try, you say...trying is for losers. If you know the rules, you can beat them at their own game every year. I probably have averaged 600-800 dollars per year of free money from rewards and bonuses for the past 10 years, and I have not payed 1 red penny for interest, fees or anything. I do not try to beat them...I guarantee it. I also never buy anything i would not buy if I did not have credit cards.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.