cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significant top end buffer increase?

tag
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

Re: Significant top end buffer increase?

Congrats BBS! Logged into Amex tonight and noticed the 850. Always close, but the planets must of finally lined up.2019-01-25_190326.jpg

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it possible there’s an 18 month AoYA threshold? 

Possible sure.  I know some scoring models will give you age of accounts too low reason statements (or similar ones) for AoYA under 2 years and I think TT said it may be possible to see one even at 3-5 years, although at that point I wouldn't expect the scoring impact to be significant.  24 months though I think could be noteworthy, although I doubt it would be as big as the typical 15-20 points seen at the reaching of 12 months, or we would have heard from people on this forum about it.  It's possible that at the mid-point of 18 months some points could be seen, but again I wouldn't expect it to be the 16 or so that I'm looking for here.

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very interesting information I’d love to know if there are more thresholds for youngest account.
Message 13 of 25
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

Who really knows...

On my 850, they are showing items that are affecting my score....  Really ? ?Capture.JPG

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 14 of 25
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it possible there’s an 18 month AoYA threshold? 

Possible sure.  I know some scoring models will give you age of accounts too low reason statements (or similar ones) for AoYA under 2 years and I think TT said it may be possible to see one even at 3-5 years, although at that point I wouldn't expect the scoring impact to be significant.  24 months though I think could be noteworthy, although I doubt it would be as big as the typical 15-20 points seen at the reaching of 12 months, or we would have heard from people on this forum about it.  It's possible that at the mid-point of 18 months some points could be seen, but again I wouldn't expect it to be the 16 or so that I'm looking for here.

The "new account relatively recently" disappeared as a negative reason statement on my reports at exactly 5 years. It was either the 2nd ranked or top ranked negative statement on all my EQ score reports from 3/2015 thru 8/2016. It did not show up on any reports from 10/2016 onward - Note: my most recent  account reached 5 years 9/2016.

Remaining "relatively recently" impact on score at 4 to 5 years under 5 points - IMO.

EQ Auto recent account.jpg

EQ Auto group 1.jpg

EQ Auto group 2.jpg

Since my lone EQ INQ for a CLI aged to 12 months in December, I'm back to the same two reason statements on EQ BCE.

BCE 3-2019.jpg

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Thomas_Thumb how many accounts are too many accounts with a balance? And how many accounts are too few with payment history?
Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBS, did you look at your other scores when you did this and compare them back to September? Or just the FICO8? I’m curious - I know all of your scores are very high and nudging the ceilings of their respective ranges, but if some of them have some headroom to move and you saw a shift (as in your mortgage scores, for example), then it might give a clue as to why your F8 score didn’t drop when you went to AZ from AZEO. For example, if your mortgage score shifted down but auto score did not, then it’s more likely you’d find the reason for your buffer in the common factors between F8 and Auto than those between F8 and Mortgage. Or if only Mortgage score went up, it’d be good to look at the areas where F8 and Mortgage have similar importance, but Auto does not.
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only scores I have regular access to are my FICO 8's and then EQ BCE 8 and TU FICO 4, simply because I get them through my accounts.  It wasn't until very recently (whenever I started that 28 scores thread) that I ever acquired my full list of FICO scores.  So, unfortunately I have no other [score] basis of comparision against that TU FICO 8 score.  I do know that the 2 negative reason statements that I see with my TU FICO 4 score have nothing to do with revolving credit use, as both point to length of time accounts have been established.  Those codes have been the same for probably a solid year.

Birdman, it's possible to receive the negative reason statement of "too many accounts with a balance" if someone has just 2 accounts with a balance... one being a revolver and one being a loan.  I've seen it personally on my profile.  I do not believe the impact here is much at all and it's honestly more of a filler statement.  By dropping either of those accounts to a $0 balance (to achieve 1 less account with a balance) I'd be taking a larger penalty for "no revolving credit use" or "no recent installment loan information."

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s exactly what I was thinking BBS! And it doesn’t make sense I thought you were allowed to have balances on less than half of your accounts without penalty.
Message 19 of 25
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

BBS where are you getting your TU 04 score regularly?

        
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.