cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significant top end buffer increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Significant top end buffer increase?

@Revelate wrote:

BBS where are you getting your TU 04 score regularly?

My mortgage lender (Mr. Cooper/Nationstar) provides it to me monthly.  The only thing I don't like is that there is no history there, like the line graph for example that you'd get from a Citi or Discover account. 

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bay_Area_Joe wrote:

Who really knows...

On my 850, they are showing items that are affecting my score....  Really ? ?

Out of curiosity, what is your aggregate utilization percentage and what is your highest individual card utilization?  If those numbers are below 8.9% and 28.9%, respectively, I'm wondering if dollars are a consideration here?

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That’s exactly what I was thinking BBS! And it doesn’t make sense I thought you were allowed to have balances on less than half of your accounts without penalty.

I think that's a generalization that's true most of the time, but there are exceptions.  EQ seems to be more sensitive here, often imposing the first penalty at 33% of accounts with balances where TU typically is OK with anything until one reaches 50%.

Message 23 of 25
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

BBS where are you getting your TU 04 score regularly?

My mortgage lender (Mr. Cooper/Nationstar) provides it to me monthly.  The only thing I don't like is that there is no history there, like the line graph for example that you'd get from a Citi or Discover account. 

Oh bleh.

If it were anything but a mortgage or auto lender only I'd open some sort of account just to get access to that score but short of a refinance if rates drop again to improve cash flow (or ARM to airstrike the balance with said improved cash flow) it's basically a non-starter.

TU 04 is the only mortgage score I don't regularly have access to and would be nice to have monthly access to it as a freebie.

        
Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

TU 04 is the only mortgage score I don't regularly have access to and would be nice to have monthly access to it as a freebie.

Gotcha.  Where do you get your other 2 mortgage scores from?  I'd of course like to find a regular (free) source of those 2.  I'd imagine that mortgage lenders are likely the most common providers of these scores and since most individuals don't have more than 1 mortgage, they may not have regular access to more than 1 of the 3 scores.  I can always grab EX mortgage with a $1 trial at Experian, which I've done before, but aside from getting your 28 FICO scores through this site for $30 I'm not sure about an EQ mortgage source.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.