cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slight Drop in Credit Score, but all is the same each month. What happened?

tag
oldrocker67

Slight Drop in Credit Score, but all is the same each month. What happened?

Hi there:

Hope everyone is well and safe.

I monitor all credit scores constantly and today 2 bureaus showed a 2 and 3 point decrease. I am still in the excellent range but...

My situation is always stable. I use 1 percent of the available credit per month and pay in full. In the last 7 years I have never used more than 2 percent, no late payments, and no new credit applied for.

I have a monthly car payment (pay more than the required) amount and have never been late as well.

What causes a decrease, even 1 point if you are not late, not applying for more credit, and or not using even close to 10 percent of the total credit allotment?

Thank you for your time any any explanation.

5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Slight Drop in Credit Score, but all is the same each month. What happened?

Welcome @oldrocker67 

Your scores are always moving up and down daily. I wouldnt worry about a few point change. Now onto usage. You can use all you want on your cards during a billing cycle. Its whats reported that matters. As long as one MC/Visa/Disco reports a small balance monthly and then PIF after the statement before the due date. Your fine. When it comes to asking for a CLI. More usage. Better chance for CLI's.

Message 2 of 6
oldrocker67

Thank you FireMedic1 for the response.

Enjoy the day,

Message 3 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Your welcome @oldrocker67 . Anything you need to know. Ask away!

Message 4 of 6
oldrocker67

Thank you FireMedica 1. If anthing comes to mind will do!

Message 5 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@oldrocker67 wrote:

Hi there:

Hope everyone is well and safe.

I monitor all credit scores constantly and today 2 bureaus showed a 2 and 3 point decrease. I am still in the excellent range but...

My situation is always stable. I use 1 percent of the available credit per month and pay in full. In the last 7 years I have never used more than 2 percent, no late payments, and no new credit applied for.

I have a monthly car payment (pay more than the required) amount and have never been late as well.

What causes a decrease, even 1 point if you are not late, not applying for more credit, and or not using even close to 10 percent of the total credit allotment?

Thank you for your time any any explanation.

IMHO movements of 1 or 2 points are not really changes at all.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.