Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something fishy about how inqs are treated

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Something fishy about how inqs are treated

I was just comparing my EQ and TU reports and it appears that FICO treats different CC inqs differently (i know this sentence doesnt make any sense, but WTH).

My TU file has 500 Billion inqs over the past year (all CC related) but only 5 are being held against me. Ontheotherhand, my EQ file has similar number of inqs and 15 of them are being held against me. Am I missing something?

One thing's for sure, the scores are working in my favor because if FICO were to hold me accountable for each and every inq, my score would have been in negatives Smiley Very Happy

EDIT: Just noticed that myfico is not even picking up over half of my inqs! muahahahahaa Robot Mad

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Something fishy about how inqs are treated

they only count against you for a year.  but they stay on your reports for 2 years.  how old are these inquiries, that are counting against you?

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Less than a year old...

Message 3 of 18
laz98
Senior Contributor

duh, sorry...had to re-read your first post.  how exactly did you get 500 billion inquiries, LOL?  are you counting all the soft inquiries?

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nah, no need to sorry..

in my world, 5000 Billion = 30+ LOL

They're not soft...they're as hard as a rock LOL. I pulled my reports from CBs too; and i'm sure(raised to the power 10000) that those inqs are hard.

Message 5 of 18
laz98
Senior Contributor

wow, you must have opened up a bunch of cards!  (or at least app'd for a bunch)......that's really strange that only some of them are counting against you!  i really hope someone can explain this.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

apped for over 30 and got seven instead; two of um died of pickle cell anemia last month...

Message 7 of 18
GypsyGal
Established Member

I really hate to state this... because it seems so obvious to me..... maybe I am missing something...

When a person completes an app, the potential creditor decides which report(s) to pull... My credit union only pulls reports from Transunion. One of my cards pulls from all 3... Another of my credit cards only pulled from 1 credit bureau...

In the cases above, the credit bureau did not miss any applications... The potential lender chose not to pull from from all 3 bureaus....

As I said, I may be missing something in your question...

Message 8 of 18
laz98
Senior Contributor

you app'd for over 30 cards over a year?

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GypsyGal wrote:

I really hate to state this... because it seems so obvious to me..... maybe I am missing something...

When a person completes an app, the potential creditor decides which report(s) to pull... My credit union only pulls reports from Transunion. One of my cards pulls from all 3... Another of my credit cards only pulled from 1 credit bureau...

In the cases above, the credit bureau did not miss any applications... The potential lender chose not to pull from from all 3 bureaus....

As I said, I may be missing something in your question...

I'm not really sure what you mean, but those inqs are THERE when I pull my reports directly from CBs. Myfico is showing SOME of those inqs, but is only counting a COUPLE of them against me. Hope this wasnt confusing Smiley Happy

@laz98 wrote:

you app'd for over 30 cards over a year?

New credit...

The only simillarity between new credit and new marriage is that you do same stuff more often (and unprotected) to get some results...

so, why does 30 apps a year sound funny to you? Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.