Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific help on what to purchase first with my scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Specific help on what to purchase first with my scores

@Anonymous wrote:

CassieCard I have a question about the length of years  aged credit card.  My Barclay card shows Ive had it for 21 years. And it shows green payments last made 9/2020. Which isn’t possible because that card was discharged in the bankruptcy, but was 19 or 20 years old. So am I getting well-aged credit still since they are still reporting it?  My BK  was discharged 7-18. Should I do anything about it or is it helping me at all.

thank you!

GirlluvsNFL.  

@Anonymous does the account have any negative information anywhere on it does it refer to past due, delinquent, chargeoff, so many days late? If not, count your lucky stars because it's helping you tremendously. 

Message 11 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Specific help on what to purchase first with my scores

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you! All of you have good advice!

By the way it was a Credit One Am Ex. So I will look into Capital One and Discovery. 

But now I am confused though about getting 2 other credit cards.

Because I’d read about the AZEO method of increasing your score faster. And it takes 3 cards to do it, that is the only reason why I thought I needed 2 more cards. I only want them if it really will help my fico. And if I got 2 cards they would have small balances, all paid off except one. My credit union auto pays off my balance on my secured card of course. 

But I thought I was supposed to keep the monthly charge at $100! One that $1000 secured card! Yikes! And then a month or so ago my score dropped because I forgot it was connected to my 1-click Amazon and I spent $700. But before and after I’ve kept it at $100 🙁 but my score went back up a few points since. I will definitely keep in under $80 from now on. 

My Credit Union did tell me to apply for an unsecured card with them in Jan. So I plan to do that. 

As to the car: 

The suggestion to wait until Dec or Jan...

Thats hard because I’m freaked because my whole town burnt down in Sept. and we had to evacuate immediately! And the ONLY reason I survived is because I had borrowed my friends car the day before.  So the anxiety & ptsd from that makes me super anxious to have a get-away car.

Also do you know if leasing a better option than buying?  I was told (by a honda car salesman, right) that leasing shows the small balance on your credit for the month, not the full price as if I were buying a car, so the debt ratio is smaller if I lease? Does anyone know if that sound right? 

Thank you all again! I so appreciate your advice. 

GirlluvsNFL

The leases show up the same as car loans. So you were given misinformation by the salesman (surprise, surprise).

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.