Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speculation Why FICO Score Increases In Chunks

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Speculation Why FICO Score Increases In Chunks

I should also mention that, with regard to the "holding-out" of FICO, I already called FICO 6 or 7 months ago, on the phone that is. I talked to two people. The first person played stupid, so I disengaged. I called back, and told the 2nd person that, in the spirit of capitalism (I do enjoy their service and I am a paying customer), I hope that she would tell me the truth. I asked her a series of questions, and she admitted everything. She said that, indeed, people call in all the time asking why their score has not updated on their "usual" date. Each time I asked a different question, she answered as I suspcted, and she laughed, because she knew where I was going, and she was probably sympathetic, realizing how few people realize why the scores are given free. Out of respect for FICO, I stopped short of asking them the final "gotcha" question. After all, it's not like they are selling cyanide-laced candy. But she admitted pretty much everything that I suspected, about the holding of the score, that is.

Message 21 of 27
Remedios
Credit Mentor

There is no need to harass Fico employees with not so sane conspiracy theories.
If she was laughing, it was not for the reasons
you think.

Here is to hoping somebody decides this thread has run it's course
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, she was laughing for the same reason that a witness laughs when a con man is conning someone. The only person present in the dark about what's going on is the person being conned. For people who have their wits about them, it is hardly harassment. On the contrary, given that the entire call lasted under 60 seconds (she was bright so I did rapid-fire), and she works in a call center answering mundane questions all day, she was probably amused.

Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousBut she admitted pretty much everything that I suspected, about the holding of the score, that is.

Well there you have it then, you were right all along.  It wasn't a conspiracy theory, it was simply that FICO "holds" scores just like you thought.

Agreed above, Rem.  Mods, please put us out of our misery now that the OP has given us the answer to this thread.

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

We can leave the thread as is. Someone else might find the benefit of reading it in the future. We should leave the determination of whether they find benefit to them, however, not someone else.

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh man...I have no idea what's going on.
Message 26 of 27
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This thread has run its course and is now closed to new messages.

--UB

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.