cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test your FICO Score IQ! Enter the Credit Galaxy!

tag
Cindy_FICO
Administrator Emeritus

Test your FICO Score IQ! Enter the Credit Galaxy!

Hey Forum Members, introducing Credit Galaxy, a fun and interactive educational game that informs as well as tests your knowledge about credit and credit scoring topics.  Play, rate, provide feedback and share with your friends.

Play now!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

Re: Test your FICO Score IQ! Enter the Credit Galaxy!

As silly as this whole premise of a 'game' was, it def may help people understand the basics of FICO scoring all the while bringing a smile to those who complete it.

Kudos to those that put in the effort to make learning fun. =)

...and I missed the last question!   GRRR! 

Message 2 of 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Cindy_FICO wrote:

Hey Forum Members, introducing Credit Galaxy, a fun and interactive educational game that informs as well as tests your knowledge about credit and credit scoring topics.  Play, rate, provide feedback and share with your friends.

Play now!

Well Cindy you asked for feedback.....

I'll pass.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Played it, but didn't find it challenging at all.  I think it would be good for someone just starting to get into the credit game though to learn some of the basics.

Message 4 of 21
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

I actually thought this was a good educational tool.  Let us go for the laws.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 21
NRB525
Super Contributor

I thought it was well done.

FICO scoring and financial information is, frankly, boring to most people. Putting it in this format, and including "did you know" moments of other facts is a good approach to the subject. The availability of the reasons why that answer is correct will  help people who come in with misunderstandings.

I thought the repetition of "Pay your bills on time" was an important feature. Making people aware of that cardinal rule is a key objective of this game.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 6 of 21
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

For what I think the objective is it's brilliant.

Educational tool, not something for people who been on this forum for years especially in this particular board, but as a whole I think there was some good information and the presentation was cute.

        
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought it was really cute! The "debtorites" and the evil Debt Star Smiley Very Happy Heart Made me smile and I learned a thing or two....

Message 8 of 21
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I thought that in general, the questions were great. They're very much the type of questions that we answer frequently for newcomers to the forum, and they address a lot of misconceptions about credit.

There's one question that should be reworded. The correct answer states that revolving balances should "be very low as a percent of your revolving balances, but not 0." "Revolving balances" should be "credit limits." The correction still leaves the answer a little bit awkward. How about "be a very low percentage of your credit limits, but not 0"?

fico-ques1.png

As far as the game itself, players have multiple options to choose between levels. I don't recall the specifics, but I think the only option should be to click or tap into the next level. That would prevent the game from getting in the way of the learning process.

Message 9 of 21
Eagered2succeed
Frequent Contributor

While I’ll agree the game is not very difficult I think it boils down to education. I’m 28 now, but 10 years ago maybe even 5 I probably would only have been able to answer half those questions correctly lol. Think this is great for credit noobs. A great starting point that allows them to see what they really know about managing credit 👍🏽

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.