Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing Credit Card Utilization Thresholds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Testing Credit Card Utilization Thresholds

@SouthJamaica I did. I just referred you to a link by ABCD2199, which is very easy to find. Refer to the Primer, it also has links to other threads. And I’ll even go dig you up his link on it. 😉

Message 31 of 133
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica Well never mind I see you already found the thread.

Message 32 of 133
mowglidude
Frequent Contributor

Today, on 8/19, one of my cards posted today that went from an 80% UT to 27% individual UT and I gained 6 points, from 728 - 734 on EX FICO 8. My aggregate UT also went from 39% to 32%. No threshold there.

Starting Score: 589/599/598 5/8/14
FICO® Score 8: EX 788 TU 791 EQ 785 05/09/23
Goal: Was 740 across all bureaus. DONE!
Message 33 of 133
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mowglidude wrote:

Today, on 8/19, one of my cards posted today that went from an 80% UT to 27% individual UT and I gained 6 points, from 728 - 734 on EX FICO 8. My aggregate UT also went from 39% to 32%. No threshold there.

@mowglidude do you have any cards with higher individuals utilisations and if so, could you list what those utilisations are please?

Message 34 of 133
mowglidude
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mowglidude wrote:

@mowglidude do you have any cards with higher individuals utilisations and if so, could you list what those utilisations are please?

There are four accounts remaining to post to my bureaus, most likely from August 28 - September 3rd. I have one at 67%, paid down to 27%. One at 65% paid down to 28% or maybe 0% and one at 59% paid down to 0%. Also a PLOC at 67% paid down to 0%. Just waiting for them to post. Also on my AU Sams Club, the $10K limit did not post again on 8/19 EX FICO 8, because it states account in dispute, I guess a fraudulent charge or purchase. So I'm losing about 2.6% additional limit because of that for scoring purposes. It could make a difference if I end up at 11% aggregate UT, where if that limit posted, I would be at 8.4% aggregate UT. Oh well, I need to pay more down if necessary. Maybe continue for one more month to test last thresholds. I probably will end up closer to 12.5% aggregate UT, if I dont pay that one card to zero. If I do that, I would be near 9.5% aggregate UT. Without the additional $10K limit.

Message 35 of 133
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mowglidude wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mowglidude wrote:

There are four accounts remaining to post to my bureaus, most likely from August 28 - September 3rd. I have one at 67%, paid down to 27%. One at 65% paid down to 28% or maybe 0% and one at 59% paid down to 0%. Also a PLOC at 67% paid down to 0%. Just waiting for them to post. Also on my AU Sams Club, the $10K limit did not post again on 8/19 EX FICO 8, because it states account in dispute, I guess a fraudulent charge or purchase. So I'm losing about 2.6% additional limit because of that for scoring purposes. It could make a difference if I end up at 11% aggregate UT, where if that limit posted, I would be at 8.4% aggregate UT. Oh well, I need to pay more down if necessary. Maybe continue for one more month to test last thresholds. I probably will end up closer to 12.5% aggregate UT, if I dont pay that one card to zero. If I do that, I would be near 9.5% aggregate UT. Without the additional $10K limit.

@mowglidude so that was the only revolver over 69%. So if it goes via the highest revolver, it crossed the 69%individual threshold. If it considers more than one, your individual crossed 3 thresholds. 

I wish we knew how many points an individual threshold was for you normally On your profile and in your scorecard.

Message 36 of 133
mowglidude
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mowglidude wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mowglidude wrote:

@mowglidude so that was the only revolver over 69%. So if it goes via the highest revolver, it crossed the 69%individual threshold. If it considers more than one, your individual crossed 3 thresholds. 

I wish we knew how many points an individual threshold was for you normally On your profile and in your scorecard.

Back on July 21, I had six revolvers, all over 69% individual UT, four of those six, from 88% individual UT to 96%. You can see my progress from the first post in this thread. At that time I was at a 685 EX FICO 8 score, which was after a 20 point drop when AU Sams Club did not report $10K limit. Was at 705 days before that.

Message 37 of 133
mowglidude
Frequent Contributor

In this process, I have noticed that my AU Sams Club did not report the $10K limit on EX, but did report it on TU and EQ. I think in my EX FICO 8 I would be under a different threshold maybe, if that card was reporting. It would go from 32.02% aggregate UT now, to 29.41% aggregate UT. I don't know if that would get me under the next threshold or not, but weird why it's not reporting on EX. Nonetheless, patience. I have five more cards that will be updating in the next week and a half. That should bring me under 15% or less depending on what I pay before the statements cut.

Message 38 of 133
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry somehow I missed your last message, but I see it now and no 29.41% puts you at 30%.

I have to go back and read and refresh myself when I get a chance
Message 39 of 133
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I don’t know how I missed the one post but I’ll try to reread the post tomorrow so I can be on point
Message 40 of 133
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.