Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing Credit Card Utilization Thresholds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Testing Credit Card Utilization Thresholds

@mowglidude 8.81% rounds to 9% though we just learned, so actually you aren’t yet under 9% per fico.

I’ll look forward to your dp first week of October, you mean? Btw, if you wanna read what we just learned from the experts, its stickied as the first post in UFS subforum.

Message 71 of 133
mowglidude
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mowglidude 8.81% rounds to 9% though we just learned, so actually you aren’t yet under 9% per fico.

I’ll look forward to your dp first week of October, you mean? Btw, if you wanna read what we just learned from the experts, its stickied as the first post in UFS subforum.

Yes, I meant October. I'll look for that UFS subforum. 

Starting Score: 589/599/598 5/8/14
FICO® Score 8: EX 788 TU 791 EQ 785 05/09/23
Goal: Was 740 across all bureaus. DONE!
Message 72 of 133
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 73 of 133
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Just to add a DP

DW - Experian FICO 08

Without realizing it, we just paid down all 7 open CC accounts to zero.  When that reported she went from 742 to  726

Then the account that I usually let report a small balance on which she is an AU on also reported zero balance -  Her scored went from 726 to 712.  The other two bureaus had similar but much less score changes.   

She has two 6+ YO paid CO's, $60k in CL's and a paid to 7% SSL reporting.  

We have seen this before but since she is pretty much clean now, the point drop was more drastic.  EX always is the largest FICO 08  swing when everything reports as a zero balance.  We try to have one AU account reporting a balance and another account or two showing a small balance.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 74 of 133
Anonymous
Not applicable

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Just to add a DP

DW - Experian FICO 08

Without realizing it, we just paid down all 7 open CC accounts to zero.  When that reported she went from 742 to  726

Then the account that I usually let report a small balance on which she is an AU on also reported zero balance -  Her scored went from 726 to 712.  The other two bureaus had similar but much less score changes.   

We have seen this before but since she is pretty much clean now, the point drop was more drastic.  EX always is the largest FICO 08  swing when everything reports as a zero balance.  We try to have one AU account reporting a balance and another account or two showing a small balance.

@spiritcraft1 True enough the higher you are the harder you fall. How big were the drops previously?

Message 75 of 133
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Just to add a DP

DW - Experian FICO 08

@spiritcraft1 True enough the higher you are the harder you fall. How big were the drops previously?

Actually with EX, still significant, perhaps 10 points with EQ and TU less in that order..  I still have many derogs, same age (nearing 7 years) and had about 10 points on EX, 6 or so on EQ and 2 on TU.  Everything reported as zero for me as well. 

In a few days, some small balances will report including one AU account for us and we will see what happens then.  I imagine all points will be gained back if history holds.  But the swings are big when you have a higher score and cleaner reports as in DW's case.  On EX, her total was 40 points for all zero including AU accounts.  That is huge.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 76 of 133
Anonymous
Not applicable

40 points is huge. Do you know how many points were allocated to each metric? Maybe we should revise the parameters if we have an outlier data point.
Message 77 of 133
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

I would not magnify ranges due to outliers. They are not "typical". Ranges for guideance should be based on nominal - IMO. This helps hold down unrealistic expectations. If someone sees more or less than nominal, so be it. Cause for the outlier could relate to an undisclosed/unrecognized contributing factor.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 78 of 133
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
40 points is huge. Do you know how many points were allocated to each metric? Maybe we should revise the parameters if we have an outlier data point.

I have no idea if this data is useful but it did happen with no other changes.  All bureaus changed but not as drastically as EX. 

Looking back it was 22 in total over a few days as all of her accounts reported zero balance.  Most of her accounts report within a few days at the beginiing of the month)

The final 18 drop was in one day as my NFCU Go rewards reported a zero balance.  She is an AU on that account. 

Just prior, she was at a multi year high in terms of FICO 08 - 752

Again, she has just two 6.5 YO paid CO's and could be changing "buckets" or who knows what.   I will report back in a week to see what happens when an AU and one of her accounts report a small balance.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 79 of 133
Anonymous
Not applicable

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have no idea if this data is useful but it did happen with no other changes.  All bureaus changed but not as drastically as EX. 

Looking back it was 22 in total over a few days as all of her accounts reported zero balance.  Most of her accounts report within a few days at the beginiing of the month)

The final 18 drop was in one day as my NFCU Go rewards reported a zero balance.  She is an AU on that account. 

Just prior, she was at a multi year high in terms of FICO 08 - 752

Again, she has just two 6.5 YO paid CO's and could be changing "buckets" or who knows what.   I will report back in a week to see what happens when an AU and one of her accounts report a small balance.

@spiritcraft1 I'm pretty sure that your right, it is the AZ penalties. She will experience scorecard reassignment when those COs fall off at 7 years though. Sounds like she'll have a very nice score at the point.

@Thomas_Thumb Point taken.

Message 80 of 133
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.