Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Truth about Credit Card Utilization

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Truth about Credit Card Utilization

@Anonymous 
Yes, new revolver In August (NFCU Platinum) 2nd statement will be Oct 5, should report then at 2 or 3months age.

I did see the new descriptor but was unsure on the threshold. I am mature. AOOra 6yr10m.

Message 181 of 225
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous 
Yes, new revolver In August (NFCU Platinum) 2nd statement will be Oct 5, should report then at 2 or 3months age.

I did see the new descriptor but was unsure on the threshold. I am mature. AOOra 6yr10m.

@Anonymous You are mature! I would expect somewhere around 12-15 points for the scorecard reassignment considering ages, but each profile is different, so it's hard to speculate. 10-20 points, typically, but since you're thick and mature, you'll be in the lower half, I believe. Please report back and let us know!

@Anonymous Edit: The penalty could also be offset by AoYA 3 months if that reports at 3 months of age.

Message 182 of 225
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

NFCU reported early on 9/25 for me and others. This added the new account at 2month age with 2% Ind UTI. -9 points on EX.  Dropped agg UTI from 56% to 51% so no threshold was crossed. It will be nice in the next couple days when Cap1 reports going from 84% to 47%, bringing aggregate to 41%. 
After Oct 7 I should be able to see if there is a change from reporting less than 50% of revolving accounts with balances. There should be less than 1% aggregate UTI change at that point.

Message 183 of 225
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous 

NFCU reported early on 9/25 for me and others. This added the new account at 2month age with 2% Ind UTI. -9 points on EX.  Dropped agg UTI from 56% to 51% so no threshold was crossed. It will be nice in the next couple days when Cap1 reports going from 84% to 47%, bringing aggregate to 41%. 
After Oct 7 I should be able to see if there is a change from reporting less than 50% of revolving accounts with balances. There should be less than 1% aggregate UTI change at that point.

@Anonymous Cool! And yes you should see a change at TransUnion & Equifax version 8 with less than 50% reporting a balance, I believe. 

How many revolvers with a balance did you have before that reported? Because that metric also changed by adding a revolver. You might see a couple points on the first when it turns 3 months.

Message 184 of 225
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Prior to that have 8/10 showing balance. 3 of those are trailing interest at less than 1% UTI that should be gone after statements cut in the next couple of days. With the NFCU I will have 11 revolvers total, and only 5/11 with balances after that statements cuts on the 5th. 

Message 185 of 225
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous OK so the change in percentage of revolvers probably made no difference. 👍
Message 186 of 225
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aggregate uti is currently 41%. Had one revolver cross from 67% UTI to 28% UTI with not change in aggregate. +7 points on EX Fico 8 to 704. No change in any of the other EX models. However I finally broke 741 on EX2 sometime this week!

Message 187 of 225
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Aggregate uti is currently 41%. Had one revolver cross from 67% UTI to 28% UTI with not change in aggregate. +7 points on EX Fico 8 to 704. No change in any of the other EX models. However I finally broke 741 on EX2 sometime this week!

@Anonymous but you still got the capital one at what 4x%?

9 points is pretty low for that scorecard change you didn't have any revolvers under a year when that hit?

congratulations on EX2!

Message 188 of 225
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

The new revolver reported early with the NFCU push on the 23rd. Score dropped 9 points from that, assuming that was the score card change.  Cap 1 reported on the 27 to 47% 5 point gain. No score change on the 1st, the new accounts ages to 2 months.

Message 189 of 225
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous 

The new revolver reported early with the NFCU push on the 23rd. Score dropped 9 points from that, assuming that was the score card change.  Cap 1 reported on the 27 to 47% 5 point gain. No score change on the 1st, the new accounts ages to 2 months.

@Anonymous right, but I mean before the NFCU card reported, you did not have any revolver on your report less than 12 months of age? If that's correct then, yeah the 9 points was the scorecard change, just a little lower than I expected.

Message 190 of 225
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.