Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Truth about Credit Card Utilization

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Truth about Credit Card Utilization

@Anonymous 

It was Oct 29. That would have made sense to me if it was Nov 1 if there was a 3 month AoYA threshold (again, haven't seen conclusive DP's for this while searching the forums, but I also have seen no DP's for 39% Agg UTI.)

Message 221 of 225
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous 

It was Oct 29. That would have made sense to me if it was Nov 1 if there was a 3 month AoYA threshold (again, haven't seen conclusive DP's for this while searching the forums, but I also have seen no DP's for 39% Agg UTI.)

@Anonymous The 3 month AoYA is real, but you're right it should've came on the first if at all; it does vary by profile and seems to be for young profiles possibly young and thin profiles. If you're interested you can find the data points on that in @Anonymous 's threads.

The other possibility is Experian has been acting weird lately and has given some crazy errors recently. Thats the only explanation I can come up with unless there is in fact a threshold there.

Message 222 of 225
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous 

-CreditCheckTotal (Experian)

-Confirmed squeaky clean profile

-2 open Installment Accounts, 2 closed Installment Accounts

-No AU's

-2 new accounts in the last 2 years (Revolving and Installment) Both opened Aug 2020

- Inquiries are 2 TU, 1 EQ, 0 EX. All within the last 6 months.

-Cap1 QS $9500 CL, USBank REI $9000 CL

Highest UTI- USBank REI $7442/$9000 82%

Citi Diamond Preffered  $2978/$4460 66%

3 other cards with balances below 50%

Again, the USBank should update in the next couple of days at $1452/$9000 @16% UTI. This will cross a few individual thresholds. Aggregate will be down to 25%. Expecting to be close to 740 at that point. 

@Anonymous Thanks. A lot. That helps me to better understand your situation.

USB 82%->16% should give you a nice boost. Knocking Citi to below 39% (Sorry, I know I am spending another 1000 of your money) will help as well. High individual card UT hurts. I recently lost 25-27 points for a large CC purchase; got all points back when paid down.

An idea:  If you have not yet paid USB, a 5K payment to them would leave you 1K for Citi. Same 6K spent differently.  

Many ideas are not worth the TP on which they are written. What makes an idea a good idea worth acting on is understanding thinking through your realities, objectives and situation: interest rates, minimum payments, etc.  

What I do know is spending discipline results in low UT, and that does nice things for your score. 

Good luck.

Quick preview. USBank posted today on Experian. Aggregate is down to 25% from 39%. Individual down to 16% from 82%. EX Fico8 jumped 29 points to 744. All other models bumped up significantly as well. I'll run the full report when I'm sure it has been updated on TU and EQ!

Message 223 of 225
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous 

-CreditCheckTotal (Experian)

-Confirmed squeaky clean profile

-2 open Installment Accounts, 2 closed Installment Accounts

-No AU's

-2 new accounts in the last 2 years (Revolving and Installment) Both opened Aug 2020

- Inquiries are 2 TU, 1 EQ, 0 EX. All within the last 6 months.

-Cap1 QS $9500 CL, USBank REI $9000 CL

Highest UTI- USBank REI $7442/$9000 82%

Citi Diamond Preffered  $2978/$4460 66%

3 other cards with balances below 50%

Again, the USBank should update in the next couple of days at $1452/$9000 @16% UTI. This will cross a few individual thresholds. Aggregate will be down to 25%. Expecting to be close to 740 at that point. 

@Anonymous Thanks. A lot. That helps me to better understand your situation.

USB 82%->16% should give you a nice boost. Knocking Citi to below 39% (Sorry, I know I am spending another 1000 of your money) will help as well. High individual card UT hurts. I recently lost 25-27 points for a large CC purchase; got all points back when paid down.

An idea:  If you have not yet paid USB, a 5K payment to them would leave you 1K for Citi. Same 6K spent differently.  

Many ideas are not worth the TP on which they are written. What makes an idea a good idea worth acting on is understanding thinking through your realities, objectives and situation: interest rates, minimum payments, etc.  

What I do know is spending discipline results in low UT, and that does nice things for your score. 

Good luck.

Quick preview. USBank posted today on Experian. Aggregate is down to 25% from 39%. Individual down to 16% from 82%. EX Fico8 jumped 29 points to 744. All other models bumped up significantly as well. I'll run the full report when I'm sure it has been updated on TU and EQ!

Congrats @Anonymous! +29 in a nice jump!

Cutting agg UT to 25% (breaking <29%), and ind UT to 16% from 82% (crashing through multiple point penalty thresholds) indeed helps. Unsure precisely how FICOs TU and EQ risk models will treat you, but I expect the jump will be similar, if not slightly more.

Congrats again!

Message 224 of 225
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 225 of 225
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.