cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time where hard inquiries count as one? Does this include different types of credit?

tag
money_talks
Frequent Contributor

Time where hard inquiries count as one? Does this include different types of credit?

I have 10 hard inquiries that began on July 1st, 2013. All these inquiries are for a car loan where I was shopping for best rates.

Until when will all these inquiries count as one inquiry? I am looking to apply for a credit card today, so would that still be counted as one inquiry during this time period? Or does the credit score differentiate between different types of credit?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Time where hard inquiries count as one? Does this include different types of credit?

@money_talks wrote:

I have 10 hard inquiries that began on July 1st, 2013. All these inquiries are for a car loan where I was shopping for best rates.

Until when will all these inquiries count as one inquiry? I am looking to apply for a credit card today, so would that still be counted as one inquiry during this time period? Or does the credit score differentiate between different types of credit?

Applying for a CC will result in a new inquiry since it wouldn't be coded as related to auto financing.

Depending on the FICO model used, all auto inquiries with a 15 - 45 day window are scored as a single inquiry.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
money_talks
Frequent Contributor

Re: Time where hard inquiries count as one? Does this include different types of credit?

Thank you

Message 3 of 4
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Also be aware that while they are scored as one inquiry, lenders still see 10 (or whatever) number of inquiries, which might lead to a manual review/need for recon/etc. when you apply for other credit.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.