Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trans Union Scores

tag
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

Trans Union Scores

I know the verision on Myfico for Trans Union is an older model but it is the only one I have access to at this time. 

My question is - do most people find their scores higher or lower with the new version.  I am trying to get a guestimate as to what my score might be on the newer model.  I am sitting at 669 on the myfico version.

Thank you!

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Trans Union Scores

Always assume your TU04 (assuming you're gunning for a mortgage) is lower. It might be higher, but at least you would be better off had you not prepared. IME, it was a mixed bag. DW's TU04 was higher than TU98 when compared the exact same day after a mortgage app. My TU04 was 10 points lower when compared the same day. Seems like for most TU04 is lower.

Message 2 of 5
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

My TU04 was lower by a handful of points.

Message 3 of 5
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Both my wife and I had a TU04 score much higher than the myfico version.  20+ point difference. 

Message 4 of 5
android01
Valued Contributor

The TU98 score offered here is getting as bad as using a FAKO.  Anecdotally,  I've heard that Barclay's still uses the TU98 model but NO other major lender does.  TU04, like EQ's Beacon 5 and Experian's V2 seem to be the standard, at least for the mortgage industry.  Whatever politics that prevent MyFico from preventing them to offer the most widely used TU04 score escapes me.  Smiley Mad 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.