Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransUnion 'FAKO' score...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TransUnion 'FAKO' score...

I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit from a 30-day late CC payment in Jan. '07., I get my free credit report every 4 months so I can monitor my score and inaccuracies. I have a CC through WaMu and I get a monthly update on my TransUnion score. On Sept. 1st, it said my score was at 606, but I just pulled my full report tonight and to check it, and TransUnion said my score was 650! But thats based on the scoring range of 501-990. How would it be 606 on Sept. 1st and then 650 on Sept. 26th? It says my 650 is considered "D" credit. I would count the 606 as "D" credit, but 650 as fair I guess? what should I figure my score at if it were a real fico score? Another thing, I see that I have an account thats gone to collections in 2001 for $103. Its the longest account on my credit report, but I was only 17 at that time. How can I have a collections from when I was only 17? Can I dispute it since I never had an account with anyone at that time? Will it hurt my credit score by disputing it since it my longest standing account? I didn't get my first loan/cc until 06/2005, but the collections account isn't supposed to fall off until 5/2008. Can someone send me in the right direction?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: TransUnion 'FAKO' score...

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit from a 30-day late CC payment in Jan. '07., I get my free credit report every 4 months so I can monitor my score and inaccuracies. I have a CC through WaMu and I get a monthly update on my TransUnion score. On Sept. 1st, it said my score was at 606, but I just pulled my full report tonight and to check it, and TransUnion said my score was 650! But thats based on the scoring range of 501-990. How would it be 606 on Sept. 1st and then 650 on Sept. 26th? It says my 650 is considered "D" credit. I would count the 606 as "D" credit, but 650 as fair I guess? what should I figure my score at if it were a real fico score?

I get FAKO's (not that I want them) from TrueCredit when I pull frequent reports. My EQ FAKO is 70 points higher than EQ FICO, my EX FAKO is 24 points lower than EX FICO, and my TU FAKO is 9 points lower than TU FICO. These scores all came on the same days' reports, so they're all from the same underlying data.

You'll go crazy trying to find a pattern. You might as well sacrifice a chicken or goat and examine the entrails.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TransUnion 'FAKO' score...

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.