cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion FICO score shot up 100 points. But transunion website says nothing has changed.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion FICO score shot up 100 points. But transunion website says nothing has changed.

I've had three collections on my credit report from all three reporting agencies and managed to get them paid off and scrubbed off except for one. 

Today I got an alert from fico that my credit score went from 629 to 720 because a collection disappeared from my report. I then logged into my transunion account on their website and there it shows NO change. I refreshed my credit report and nothing has changed. How can myFICO report a collection disappearing from transunion BEFORE transunion themselves?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Transunion FICO score shot up 100 points. But transunion website says nothing has changed.

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had three collections on my credit report from all three reporting agencies and managed to get them paid off and scrubbed off except for one. 

Today I got an alert from fico that my credit score went from 629 to 720 because a collection disappeared from my report. I then logged into my transunion account on their website and there it shows NO change. I refreshed my credit report and nothing has changed. How can myFICO report a collection disappearing from transunion BEFORE transunion themselves?

My impression is that transunion.com is very time delayed.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Transunion FICO score shot up 100 points. But transunion website says nothing has changed.

Transunion provides data for both vantage 3.0 models as well as various fico models but the website itself fails to update in a timely manner. I've seen a 30 day lag with it.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been adding 5 days from the date of a statement closing to know when I can use my monthly myFICO 3B report and get the updated TU information. If I pulled the report a day after statement closing, I know for sure TU will still have the old data.

My experience has been that Experian updates within 24 hours of a bank sending a new statement balance, followed by Equifax a day later, and TU 3 or 4 days after EQ.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats a nice jump! How old was the collections that you got removed? I have two on mine and my score is around a 608-611 between the three credit agencies. I wouldnt mind seeing a 100pt jump lol. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the removal!

Message 6 of 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

This is a rarity for myFICO.  For me, myFICO is the last credit monitoring site to report any change to me.  I once went 9 days waiting for myFICO to update when all my other services had done so on day 1 or 2

The important point is that your baddie was removed.  Congrats

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 9
xaximus
Valued Contributor

If a baddie is removed, I've noticed it can take anywhere between 30-60 days to show on all CRs. Give it some time and keep an eye on it. The good thing is that it is removed. That's the hard part.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two collections were several years old while another was from last year. Surprisingly the oldest one from Sprint is the last one lingering through the dispute process.

It's crazy, I saw that my credit score on credit karma was 499 earlier last year, and now my fico is 720. I did this by opening a secured card with capital one, another cc (unsecured) with capital one (the quicksilver one card) and getting a $8k loan from citi bank that I've been paying off. I've paid off all of these on time. I paid off the old debts and worked to get them removed. My two caital one cards have very low credit lines so as the credit lines increase my score will keep going up I'm assuming.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.