Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion score increased by 15.

tag
Cici1957
Valued Member

Transunion score increased by 15.

Good morning! Thankfully my Transunion score has increased somewhat. Typically will my Fico score increase also? My TU score is 657.Tks!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Transunion score increased by 15.

What is the source of the TU score you are referencing?

TU is one of the 3 major credit reporting agencies.  EX and EQ are the other two.  The data from one of those bureaus us used by a scoring model (VS 3.0, FICO 8, etc) to generate a score.

When you say your TU score and your FICO score in your post, you need to provide more information.  For example, if the score comes from Credit Karma, that's your TU VS 3.0 score (VantageScore 3.0 model, using TransUnion data).  When you say your FICO score, you need to then provide the bureau data for that score (TU, EX, EQ) and also the scoring model.  For example, "EX FICO 8" or "TU FICO 4." 

Message 2 of 12
Cici1957
Valued Member

Credit Sesame shows the TU increase by 15. Credit Karma shows TU increase by 15 and Equifax up 17 using VantageScore 3.0.Capitol One (Credit Wise) shows TU up by 15. 

My Fico score at the credit union was checked in Sept. It was 596. Praying it has gone up since these have. I know they are not true scores.

I just love this forum and I thank you for your help!

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cici1957 wrote:

Credit Sesame shows the TU increase by 15. Credit Karma shows TU increase by 15 and Equifax up 17 using VantageScore 3.0.Capitol One (Credit Wise) shows TU up by 15. 

My Fico score at the credit union was checked in Sept. It was 596. Praying it has gone up since these have. I know they are not true scores.

You can ignore all the scores from CS, CK and CW since none of them are FICO scores and thus aren't meaningful.

The FICO score you get from your CU is definitely meaningful, but it's important to know which FICO flavor it is.  One the page where you're seeing that 596 score, either near the score or at the bottom of the screen in fine print do you see it say which FICO score version it is?  If not, the answer may be found in the CU FAQ or similar info piece likely linked on the page where you're seeing the FICO score.

Message 4 of 12
Cici1957
Valued Member

Tks, I will check it when I get back home. 

Message 5 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Op, even if your CU does give you the more needed Fico 8 score, it would be better for you if you can have more access to it or them (All 3) on a more regular occurrence (monthly). There are many options you can go to for this. For example Credit Check Total has a $1 trial where you can check all 3 of your updated Fico scores and reports from each Bureau.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 12
Cici1957
Valued Member

CU uses Experian/Fair Isaac Auto Loan Model 2.

Message 7 of 12
Cici1957
Valued Member

Thank you, I thought about using Credit Check Total. Good and bad reviews.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cici1957 wrote:

Thank you, I thought about using Credit Check Total. Good and bad reviews.

Not sure what you mean by bad reviews, as almost everything you read about CCT is favorable and their $1 trials value wise exceed everything out there in the eyes of many.

Good job finding out the scoring model your CU uses.  While that auto model isn't the most common, at least you know now which meaningful score you're looking at and able to track.

Message 9 of 12
Cici1957
Valued Member

Thank you, I will do the Credit Check Total. I am prayerfully asking for car refinancing.(1) Westlake Financial...16.49%, I have made 14 on time payments, (2)Cap 1 just increased me to a whopping (LOL) 500.00 limit. (3) 1,000. Installment loan with the CU I am hoping to refinance with...2 on time payments so far.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.