Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion won't give my score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion won't give my score

I recently tried to purchase all three of my scores, Equifax returned one and Experian returned one.  However, it had all question marks where Transunion's score should be and said "no recent scores" underneath.  It didn't charge me for the Transunion purchase.  Has anyone ever had this happen and if so, do you know what causes this?  Thanks for any help you can give me!
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Transunion won't give my score

I am guessing you have a thin credit file? Meaning very few accounts? The question marks generally mean a score could not be calculated for you because not enough data is avail. Keep in mind that TU has been having issues lately.. and they seem to always be the last CRA to update TL information.
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.  I basically have my student loan, and two active credit cards that were opened 3 and 4 years ago.  Neither card has probably been used this year with exception of the one when I ordered my scores last week.  I have never had a loan other than education and I have a few older credit accounts so maybe that is why.  I am ashamed to say I am fairly new to watching my credit reports/scores so alot of this is new to me.  I am hoping to buy a home soon so just trying to make sure everything is in order.  I heard Transunion had some issues, I thought I may wait and try to re-order after another week or so.
Message 3 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

bekl26 wrote:
Thanks for your reply.  I basically have my student loan, and two active credit cards that were opened 3 and 4 years ago.  Neither card has probably been used this year with exception of the one when I ordered my scores last week.  I have never had a loan other than education and I have a few older credit accounts so maybe that is why.  I am ashamed to say I am fairly new to watching my credit reports/scores so alot of this is new to me.  I am hoping to buy a home soon so just trying to make sure everything is in order.  I heard Transunion had some issues, I thought I may wait and try to re-order after another week or so.

It must be a TU issue... (although I pulled mine today without any problem). Your should have enough info there to generate a score. Try again.
Message 4 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Hey Tuscani:

I noticed the same thing with TU.  They seem two or three months behind EQ and EX.  Did you speak with someone at TU?  If so, what did they say?
Message 5 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

fused111 wrote:
Hey Tuscani:

I noticed the same thing with TU.  They seem two or three months behind EQ and EX.  Did you speak with someone at TU?  If so, what did they say?

No. I never asked. But their slowness is nothing new. Credit improvement is not for us impatient types. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am definitely one of the impatient!  I had 90% balance on my two credit cards and didn't realize the damage...I recently paid them down to 60% and next week will probably pay them down to 30% or less.  I should have done this months ago before buying a home was so close. 
Message 7 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Live and learn right! At least you are educating yourself!
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help, I ordered (and received!) my TU score today.  Problem solved.
Message 9 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Awesome!
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.