Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TrueCredit FAKO Interesting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TrueCredit FAKO Interesting

Managed to navigate Walmart's site & purchase trueCredit. The reports are OK, not as detailed as source reports, but fine for monitoring.

Discovered a JDB just bought an old out of SOL debt, will have to deal with that.

Checked my FAKOs for kicks and almost keeled over. They are 70-100 pts lower than the FICOs I bought a week or 2 ago. So, had to buy one FICO to calm my nerves.

EQ FAKO- 602
EQ FICO-  679

My EQ FICO has been exactly 679 the past 3 times I've bought it. How is this possible? is it stuck there?

Edit- eq 679 last TWO times I bought it (within 2 week period)

Message Edited by Anderson on 07-30-2007 02:08 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Re: TrueCredit FAKO Interesting

Is it possible that one or more accounts is not being reported to Equifax? I know that is causing the problem for me. One of my banks is not a subscriber to the Equifax credit bureau.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditBob -

i'm ok with the 679 FICO, a year ago it WAS around 600.

What surprises me is the discrepancy between FICO & FAKO. I knew there was a difference but I thought the FAKOs were usually higher. mine are much lower.

I had to buy the FICO today after seeing the FAKOs, geez, this is getting expensive.

memo to self- no more FICOs till SEP

Has anyone deciphered a correlation between FAKOs & FICOs?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No correlation. Discrepancies of more than 100 points have been reported. From what I've seen, most of those in rebuilding mode with low scores see FAKOs higher than FICOs. As scores go up, the FICOs surpass the FAKOs. But that's not universal.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anderson,

I am in the same position, and it is consistent with both me and my wife.  My TC EQ FAKO scores are 50+ lower than FICO, and my wife's is nearly 100 points below. 

It may just be me, but I see my few baddies on the TC EQ report, but not the current or "ok" payments.  But, my EQ report here at MyFICO shows the good payment history.  I don't know if this is the reason, but I find it a little strange.  And, my score hasn't changed yet either.

sdmac99
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.