cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to understand--what is FICO 2 and Beacon 5.0???

tag
blameitonrio
Established Member

Trying to understand--what is FICO 2 and Beacon 5.0???

Okay, trying to figure this all out.  Decided against completing mortgage app last month after our mort broker told us our scores would not get us great rates and no PMI.  We've been working on DH's scores since then.  Last noc, pulled mine, which are:  EQ 580, TU 647, EX 692.  EQ obviously too low, other two not too bad.  Looked up email from mortgage guy with our scores in it--each CRA had a different type of score with it.  One had FICO, one had FICO 2 and a third had Beacon 5.0.  What the heck are those other two, why would a lender not use all three of the same, and how the heck are we supposed to keep track of those scores?  It really seems like there's no way a consumer can get ahead, b/c no one seems to be playing by any set of rules!!  Help--I'm so confused and frustrated!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to understand--what is FICO 2 and Beacon 5.0???

It's displaying the FICO version being used from each CRA

Credit Reporting Agency FICO Score
Equifax BEACON® Score
Experian Experian/Fair Isaac Risk Model
TransUnion EMPIRICA®

Message 2 of 5
blameitonrio
Established Member

Okay, so are those the ones that we see when we pull our own FICO scores from each of the three CRAs on this site?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those are the NAMES of the scores from this site-
Versions from myFICO
TU=EMPIRICA 98 (your lender might be using EMPIRICA 04)
EX=Fair Isaac Risk Model Version 2
EQ=BEACON 5.0 

blameitonrio wrote:
Okay, so are those the ones that we see when we pull our own FICO scores from each of the three CRAs on this site?

Message 4 of 5
blameitonrio
Established Member

Great!!!  So then I'm seeing what they're seeing.  Whew!  what a relief!!  I was worried it was another FAKO thing.  Thanks for the info!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.