Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on my scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update on my scores

Aug 23rd: Transunion 583 Equifax 561 Experian 509 Sept 4th Transunion 652 Equifax 596 Experian 621 I went and applied for 4 store cards. Target $200. Walmart $500. Old Navy $200. Victoria's Secret $200. That and paying off my low balance cc, along with 2 deletions helped alot. I can't believe I jumped that much so quick. I won't use the store cards, because honestly, why put it on credit when I can just use cash.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
John060675
Valued Contributor

Re: Update on my scores

Great Job!  One thing though.......read other posts about not using credit cards.  They do not help your score as much as using them for a couple dollars each a month.  Keep it 1% - 9% util. rate, and pay them on time.  This will help your score a lot more than just putting them in the drawer.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@John060675 wrote:
Great Job! One thing though.......read other posts about not using credit cards. They do not help your score as much as using them for a couple dollars each a month. Keep it 1% - 9% util. rate, and pay them on time. This will help your score a lot more than just putting them in the drawer.

BUT- Do not have balances on more than 50% of your revolving accounts in the same month.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you get two deletions? Was there errors on your credit report?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update on my scores 9/11

Aug 23rd: Transunion 583 Equifax 561 Experian 509 Sept 4th: Transunion 652 Equifax 596 Experian 621 Sept 11th: Transunion 652 Equifax 618 Experian 636 I finally got into the 600 club. I know having too many inquiries counted against me, but getting the cards helped out alot. I honestly didn't think it was possible to raise them in such a short amount of time. I now have one cc with the 3k limit, 2 with a cl of $300-350 and 3 store cards cl's $200-$500 and surprisingly, a chevron gas card came in the mail, when I thought for sure that I was denied. $3oo. I'm hoping 700's in the next 6 months. I know it'll probably take longer to get to that bracket.
Message 6 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Update on my scores 9/11

Nice!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.