Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Util Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Util Question

It seems to me that the utilization % affects your scores VERY quickly.  Alot of can depend on when the CC reports and when the CRA updates.  If your util is 25% one month and 5% the next, would you expect to see an increase (based only on that and no other outside influences?)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Util Question

pushedtoofar wrote:
It seems to me that the utilization % affects your scores VERY quickly.  Alot of can depend on when the CC reports and when the CRA updates.  If your util is 25% one month and 5% the next, would you expect to see an increase (based only on that and no other outside influences?)

All else equal, yes.  Estimated 15-25 points.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this based on the util % dropping?  I was at 75% (my ex wife's cc account is still maxed out and it is not mine).  With the ex wife's maxed out account dropping off and a couple of large payments, my util should be about 9% this month.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

pushedtoofar wrote:
Is this based on the util % dropping?  I was at 75% (my ex wife's cc account is still maxed out and it is not mine).  With the ex wife's maxed out account dropping off and a couple of large payments, my util should be about 9% this month.

Wow!

Yes, the estimate I gave was based on the lower utilization from 25% to 5%.  In your case, though, going from 75% to 9%, I'd say you could expect a good 60-75 points.  Just an estimate.

Keep us updated and let us know.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is this based on the util % dropping? I was at 75% (my ex wife's cc account is still maxed out and it is not mine). With the ex wife's maxed out account dropping off and a couple of large payments, my util should be about 9% this month.

Wow!

Yes, the estimate I gave was based on the lower utilization from 25% to 5%. In your case, though, going from 75% to 9%, I'd say you could expect a good 60-75 points. Just an estimate.

Keep us updated and let us know.

I agree with cheddar. That sounds about right.
Message 5 of 7
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Yes, if your util is dropping for BOTH overall util, as well as number of revolving lines, then a 50-70 point gain is possible, virtually overnight.

Edited because I am careless with words!

Message Edited by VistaV on 03-11-2008 03:19 PM
050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Drop or gain? If overall and individual util drops....then the score goes up. Or do I need to quit, go home and have a drink? lol....
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.