Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utilization

tag
jackg
Established Contributor

Utilization

Are "Credit Limits" for closed revolving credit accounts included in the "Total credit available" number?

I'm having a heck of a time trying to reconcile the numbers on mr reports.
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Utilization

only if they have a balance

@jackg wrote:
Are "Credit Limits" for closed revolving credit accounts included in the "Total credit available" number?
I'm having a heck of a time trying to reconcile the numbers on mr reports.

Message 2 of 6
jackg
Established Contributor

None of my closed accounts have a balance.
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

how about LOC's or HELOC's?

This is where Excel makes it easier- to figure it out.
Message 4 of 6
jackg
Established Contributor

LOC has zero balance. No HELOC.

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you can't get it figured out-
Post the balances/CL's and the UTL myFICO is displaying and we can help figure it out.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.