cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utl from 11% to 6% went down 10 points

Minne

Utl from 11% to 6% went down 10 points

I have been re building for a year and some change. My score was at 691 and went down to 681 one this morning. I'll give as much info as I can. I had two cards reporting a balance and paid one off and it went down 10 points. Here are my cards

walmart cap1: 0

kohls: 0

firestone: 0

cap1 quick silver: 0

citi secured: 0

cap1 plat: (was at $194/39% then just paid off to 0)

Target: $240 24% utl

so before I paid my cap1 plat to 0 my utl was at 11% but this morning it updated with 0 and to 6% and I dropped 10 points but I remember it did this last time and then I reported a balance again and it went up.

it confuses me because my target card as a balance and shouldn't I be getting azeo? So I am a little confused on what's happening here. Hope I have enough info

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
SouthJamaica
Super Contributor

Re: Utl from 11% to 6% went down 10 points

@Minne wrote:

I have been re building for a year and some change. My score was at 691 and went down to 681 one this morning. I'll give as much info as I can. I had two cards reporting a balance and paid one off and it went down 10 points. Here are my cards

so before I paid my cap1 plat to 0 my utl was at 11% but this morning it updated with 0 and to 6% and I dropped 10 points but I remember it did this last time and then I reported a balance again and it went up.

it confuses me because my target card as a balance and shouldn't I be getting azeo? So I am a little confused on what's happening here. Hope I have enough info

It's possible you got hit with the "all zero penalty", since your only card reporting a balance was the Target card. There are many reports of store cards not being counted as the balance-reporting card. It should be a bank card, like the Capital One or Citi cards.

Total revolving limits 677500 (584500 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 745 TU 750 EX 719

Message 2 of 9
Minne

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Minne wrote:

It's possible you got hit with the "all zero penalty", since your only card reporting a balance was the Target card. There are many reports of store cards not being counted as the balance-reporting card. It should be a bank card, like the Capital One or Citi cards.

that makes sense. So should I have the target card 0 as well then have a balance on the cap 1 card? Or will it matter if they both have a balance or be better with only cap1 having a balance?

Message 3 of 9
BrutalBodyShots
Super Contributor

What is the source of your score change?

It's also possible that something else changed on your report that you're not seeing.  10 points loss is a little on the low side for an AZ penality, which suggests to me that it could be something else.  Depends on the source of the score you are referencing, though.

Message 4 of 9
Llewelyn
Regular Contributor

@BrutalBodyShots wrote:

What is the source of your score change?

It's also possible that something else changed on your report that you're not seeing.  10 points loss is a little on the low side for an AZ penality, which suggests to me that it could be something else.  Depends on the source of the score you are referencing, though.

I think the OP gained about 8 points going from 11% Agg Util to 6%, and  lossed about 18 points due to the AZ penalty.

Message 5 of 9
Minne

That makes sense, so for best case scenario should I pay off target bill to 0 then report a small amount on my cap1?

and to the other post, I get experian updates every day and that was the only change because that card updated today. 

it also said 

What happened?

Your FICO Score has decreased 10 points to 681. Even though your FICO Score went down, your Credit Rating did not so it should not impact your credit worthiness.

Message 6 of 9
SouthJamaica
Super Contributor

@Minne wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Minne wrote:

that makes sense. So should I have the target card 0 as well then have a balance on the cap 1 card? Or will it matter if they both have a balance or be better with only cap1 having a balance?

I don't know 

Total revolving limits 677500 (584500 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 745 TU 750 EX 719

Message 7 of 9
LaHossBoss
Senior Contributor

@Minne wrote:

it needs to be a bank card and jot a store card or charge card that is your non-zero card for AZEO.

Cap1 plat, Cap1 QS, or Citi Secured. Those are the 3 cards you can use to report the <9% bal.

These points were easily lost and easily gained back.

Good luck!

Starting Score: 2•20 | EQ 550 | TU 498 | EX 505
Current Score: 7•21 | EQ [F8 645] [F9 651] [EQ5 684] [VS3 630] | TU [F8 717] [F9 692] [TU4 723] [VS3 643] | EX [F8 714] [F9 675] [EX2 681] [VS3 674]
Goal Score: 670 [X] TU [X] EX

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

SO Starting Score: 2•20 | EQ 502 | TU 484 | EX 521
SO Current Score: 7•21 | EQ [F8 670] [F9 622] [EQ5 706] [VS3 639] | TU [F8 676] [F9 673] [TU4 652] [VS3 620] [VS4 598] | EX [F8 707] [F9 711] [EX2 680] [VS3 656]
Goal Score: 670 [X] TU [X] EX

Message 8 of 9
Minne

Thank you.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.